Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Notable Citizens

  1. #1
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Notable Citizens

    Notable Citizens of Setubal, Portugal - my home town - is my new theme to start 2013.
    This will be a collection of portraits of people either born in Setúbal or with much influence in town.

    Notable Citizens

  2. #2
    davidedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,042
    Real Name
    Dave

    Re: Notable Citizens

    That's a most excellent portrait Antonio. I for one would really like to read a few biographical details about your chosen subjects. Would that be possible?

  3. #3
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    That's a most excellent portrait Antonio. I for one would really like to read a few biographical details about your chosen subjects. Would that be possible?
    Thank you Dave.
    I am afraid that it is not possible at the moment. The reason is simple: I started it today, a couple of hours ago.
    However, a small biography will be included in a separate document.

    I am the one who chooses the persons. I am not including - well, this is the idea at the moment - any political but rather people important in sports, social assistance, charity etc.

    Just to name a very well known example, José Mourinho lieved, studied and has strong connections to Setúbal.
    I think I will not be able to make his photograph as his images are managed by someone and I am not an important photographer.

    Thank you for your words
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 10th January 2013 at 07:21 PM.

  4. #4
    davidedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,042
    Real Name
    Dave

    Re: Notable Citizens

    I think that I now understand better. I live in a small community, and the market town close by is probably more than 1,000 years old. There are many people who have made a big difference to their community but will never be in the national papers. They should have their place, too, and I think that is what you are planning.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,895

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Such a great start on such a great project! I look forward to more images.

  6. #6
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Absolutely Dave. That is the point.
    How about YOU doing the same and WE JOIN to produce an international project ?
    More details to follow...

  7. #7
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Thank you Mike. It is going to take some time...

  8. #8
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Notable Citizens

    António,
    nice idea and a good picture. I'll be watching future posts.
    Regards
    John

  9. #9
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Thank you John

  10. #10
    Panama Hat & Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    429
    Real Name
    Antonio

    Re: Notable Citizens

    António,
    It is a very good portrait and your idea is very very interesting.
    I look forward to the pictures and biographies to come.
    Antônio.

  11. #11
    Plumcrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    1,538
    Real Name
    Jon

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Very nice photo to start an interesting project. As others have stated, I will look forward to following this project.

    Cheers

  12. #12
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Panama Hat View Post
    António,
    It is a very good portrait and your idea is very very interesting.
    I look forward to the pictures and biographies to come.
    Antônio.

    Obrigado Antônio

  13. #13
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrak View Post
    Very nice photo to start an interesting project. As others have stated, I will look forward to following this project. Cheers
    Thank you Jon. It is going to take some time.
    Today I contacted 3 persons.

  14. #14
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    The printed version is far better

    Notable Citizens

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post

    I am not including - well, this is the idea at the moment - any political but rather people important in sports, social assistance, charity etc.

    ... I am not an important photographer ...
    Good! You should not waste your talent on the type of people who collectively almost killed your country. Actually more then just yours.

    Or maybe you shoud - a sort of Hall of Shame series.

    As for famous - that is the misconception among non-photographers. I had that too before taking up photography. No sure how one can turn this thinking around, probably not possible.

    As for this first shot -- your great b/w and pic taking skills show through again.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,895

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Antonio,

    I strongly prefer the first image because the background around the subject's head is plain. That area in the second one is distracting for me.

  17. #17
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Notable Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Good! You should not waste your talent on the type of people who collectively almost killed your country. Actually more then just yours.
    Or maybe you shoud - a sort of Hall of Shame series.
    As for famous - that is the misconception among non-photographers. I had that too before taking up photography. No sure how one can turn this thinking around, probably not possible.
    As for this first shot -- your great b/w and pic taking skills show through again.
    Shame is something politics do not have. So, no Hall of Shame but Hall of Legal Criminals for example could be more appropriate/suitable.
    Thank you Bobo for your comment.
    In fact, I think I will start from scratch asking him to pose again.
    Mike is right
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Antonio, I strongly prefer the first image because the background around the subject's head is plain. That area in the second one is distracting for me.
    and I do not like the great shadow of the bouquet as too strong area.
    I must do this "thing" (photographing on location) with more calm. I have thought and I will be using teetering next time.
    This will allow me to have a quick glim (or a more precise one) of the final result...
    Thank you both for the comments

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,895

    Re: Notable Citizens

    You could probably very effectively deal with the bouquet's shadow during post-processing. Though it didn't bother me when I first viewed your photo, it bothers me a bit now that you have brought it to my attention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •