Thread: Visiting Philly

Real Name
    James Enriquez

Visiting Philly

Hi guys! I know I haven't posted here lately.
    Would like to ask for some help on where to go and what to see in the City of Brotherly Love.

I will be in Philadelphia this March to attend a convention for water treatment professionals.
    I think I will have some time in my schedule to shoot a few scapes in and around the city, maybe in a few days NYC and Chicago as well.

Im mostly looking for nature landscapes, seascapes with seastacks or lighthouses.
    The urban cityscape would work as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Real Name
    John

Re: Visiting Philly

Try this link:
    http://www.visitphilly.com/
    or visit Frommers website and look for 1, 2, 3, or weekly itinerary suggestions.

Real Name
    Travis

James, you won't find seascapes in Philly, only two rivers. You could drive an hour to the Jersey shore and find your seascapes and lighthouses. Some great shots in Philly can be had around the Art Museum area along the Schuylkill River and Boathouse Row. Unfortunately March can still be pretty chilly without much vegetation so you may want to stick to Cityscapes. We have some great architecture eg. City Hall, Art Museum, Olde City etc. We also have one of the world's best zoos if you're into animal shots.

Real Name
    James Enriquez

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

@travis - how far is Stone Harbor from Philadelphia Convention Center? I'll probably stay within 3 blocks of this place during my stay and make side trips whenever there's free time.

Real Name
    Travis

Visiting Philly

Stone Harbor is about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Philly. They had some damage from Hurricane Sandy in October (pic), not sure what the area looks like now.