Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More Water Drop Work

Real Name
    Jason

More Water Drop Work

Hi everyone,

I have just returned from spending the Chrissy hols in Mildura, Victoria, where it was hot to say the least. I took the opportunity to take some more photos using some different flowers that I do not have around where I live. Hope you like.

Cheers

J

More Water Drop Work
    More Water Drop Work
    More Water Drop Work

Real Name
    Peter

Re: More Water Drop Work

Jason - great work. I love the idea and might have a go myself.

In terms of C&C, and bear in mind I am nitpicking great shots, I'm not sure the DOF is quite right. In the second one the water drop doesn't seem to be sharp all the way round and I think it should. With the first one, the water drop seems sharp all the way round but the mix of in and out of focus buds (or whatever they are) seem to distract a little.

Otherwise I think you have done a great job!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: More Water Drop Work

I love the way the first one is essentially a bubble placed on a pedestal. It helps emphasize that the bubble itself is a lens. I agree with Peter that you could achieve the closest thing to perfection if you would blur the parts of the image other than the bubble that are sharply in focus. Imagine using a LensBaby to accomplish the same thing though in this case you would be doing it during post-processing.