Thread: Anxious Bride

Anxious Bride

Waiting for the Bridal Car.

anxious-bride.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Anxious Bride

When I saw this post I had the time to work on it's image, but at the present moment unfortunately, I am in a rush and what I have to say goes like this:

May be a white reflection surface should be used to distribute some light on the dark side of the bride's face. Even a bounced off camera flash can be used with benefits.

Her hand is holding the curtain not putting it away to look at the outside. Her face looks tense but not her posture / hand. Something to correct in the near future.

I feel that I have done a vignetting centered on her neck and not on her face. That should be corrected. It is not right. I did it with LR, not the perfect tool to do so, and I don't know how to do it in CS. Sorry.

Hope you like it, anyway.

Please feel free to post here if you wish. Thank you. I hope you like my version. I will erase it if you are not feeling comfortable.

Take care and keep shooting good pictures.

Anxious Bride

For me, Antonio's version has lost the fine details of her dress; maybe somewhere in between the two images might work well.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    When I saw this post I had the time to work on it's image, but at the present moment unfortunately, I am in a rush and what I have to say goes like this:

May be a white reflection surface should be used to distribute some light on the dark side of the bride's face. Even a bounced off camera flash can be used with benefits.

Her hand is holding the curtain not putting it away to look at the outside. Her face looks tense but not her posture / hand. Something to correct in the near future.

I feel that I have done a vignetting centered on her neck and not on her face. That should be corrected. It is not right. I did it with LR, not the perfect tool to do so, and I don't know how to do it in CS. Sorry.

Hope you like it, anyway.

Please feel free to post here if you wish. Thank you. I hope you like my version. I will erase it if you are not feeling comfortable.

Take care and keep shooting good pictures.

Thank you for your CC. Now it's time for some CC of your CC.
    The side of her face and body was lit with diffused & bounced light from a Lightsphere stopped down 1.7 stops, this was to give the lighting effect seen in my shot, note the sparkles from the sequins. With a little research you will find that this style of lighting is quite common, not all shots have to be fully lit.

If you look a little closer you will find that the curtain is indeed pulled aside. I'm not sure how you can read the posture of her hand as you have, how would you correct it?

While I appreciate the effort you have made to edit my shot, I not only feel that your version completely destroys the mood of the moment, it also does indeed appear to be a rush job, as you said, that is not up to the standard that I'm sure you are capable of.

Once again, thank you for your comments on this shot.
    Last edited by Bill44; 19th October 2009 at 09:38 PM.