Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Doe a deer

Real Name
    Jack

Doe a deer

Capured this Gal yesterday out back. Very brave...
    Doe a deer

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Doe a deer

Quote Originally Posted by jacsul View Post
    Very brave...
    You or the deer?

yes yes u r certainly a brave man to post this pic.... its a nice healthy looking deer if u were looking to sell this deer, then this is the pic to post....its surely shows its a marvelous healthy looking deer

Real Name
    Jack

Brave because as I approached her she wouldn't move. If I were a hunter she would have stocked my freezer.

Real Name
    Jack

Re: horny

More better.

Doe a deer

Re: horny

I like both. unfortunately, the images are not on focus, maybe for the "brave" situation (like you said ).
    Good job I'll continue to follow you. Stay on those subjects

yes i agree that ur pics lack sharp focus! could be ur lacking a steady hand could be u need to enlighten urself with the camera controls! ur pic in your profile tells me that u can easy handle a heavy camera steady,cz u have pretty good arms another thing, the composition is all over the place u really need to frame ur pic to create a balance,to send out ur thoughts to the reader cleary thts what the composition is all about! framing ur pic the right way before clicking, is the right way to go about it......or later u can do it in PS........which dilutes the story reaching the viewer a bit my personal opinion again.......all the best! ur lucky the second pic has great colors in the background, thats helping the deer,to be noticed

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Jack,

Pic 1: I agree that compositionally, both position and contrast of subject vs background are far less than ideal BUT (and it is a big BUT), I appreciate that you have very little control over these things when in the wild.

Regarding the focus/camera shake on this shot, I would give you the benefit of the doubt because to me, the grass and tree look sharper, so I think your doe moved or twitched during the exposure.

Pic 2: is sadly just not sharp, I can't see the EXIF, but it looks like the flash/strobe fired (catch lights in stag's eyes), but that the shutter speed was way to slow. Unfortunately, at that range, the flash/strobe contribution to scene illumination, and any chance of it freezing the action, was just too small to be significant. It' a shame because compositionally it is better, although seeing the feet (hoofs, hooves?) would be nice. It may also be focused on the grass behind the stag.

Talking of PP (as taken was), if all other things had been better; stag sharp, with feet, etc. this is a shot where I would have cloned out any distracting grasses poking up above the stags back and bum (butt?) to make a really good picture. (as we can't ask it to move, or have the grass cut beforehand)

Hope that helps,