Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Our family dog

Real Name
    Amro

Our family dog

Hey guys it's my first time to post in here i just got my first DSLR Nikon D3100 and hoping to learn from you guys ...i got this picture few hours ago ..1/500 F5.6 ISO 200

Our family dog

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Our family dog

Amro... What a wonderfully handsome Rottie! Exposure on the dog is right on and this is sometimes difficult with black dogs! The focus is also spot on.

However, the composition could be improved. You have a lot of space above the dogs head and have cut off most of the body. Additionally, the legs of the person holding the dog add nothing to the image. Perhaps shooting at a different angle, you could frame the dog against a less busy and intrusive background.

Keep shooting and posting shots of this beautiful dog!

Real Name
    Amro

Thank you so much for the notes and I'll work on it next time for sure.. thanks again..

Amro, you have a lovely friend there... Congrats on your new DSLR, I look forward to seeing many more photos from you... especially of your beautiful pup!

Real Name
    John

Amro,
    well done a good start.
    Richard is correct in regards to the composition, but we all make these little mistakes at the begining so don't worry. You have captured the dog perfectly in my opinion, just keep an eye on the backgrounds in fututre and you will have some great pictures to post.
    Just as a little bit of fun I move the dog to a new location in PP, it's not meant to be a serious attempt to produce a finished picture, just to show the difference in the picture when the background is not so distracting. I will of course remove it if you would have rather I had not posted.

Our family dog

Real Name
    Amro

Thanks john I got what you mean I'll work on it in my next shoot,, and really I wanna Thank all of you guys for actually helping I really appreciate it...