Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whitetails in the Snow

Real Name
    Matthew

Re: Whitetails in the Snow

Steve, I really like #2 from the first set, and in set 2 I like the last one. These, for me, have an intimate mood and a sense of being in the environment with the animals, plus overall great compositions. Lovely stuff.

Real Name
    Steve

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks again for commenting .

Set Four.............................................. ..............

This is a funny set. Had me laughing out loud. You can fill in the blanks yourself.

This looks like a juicy bit

Whitetails in the Snow

Aaaaaaawwwwww Man !

Whitetails in the Snow

What The _____________!!!

Whitetails in the Snow

Are You ___________ Kidding Me!!!

Whitetails in the Snow

I'm Surprised The _________ Tree Didn't Fall On Me Too!!!

Whitetails in the Snow

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Lovely photos Steve (as usual)

LR may well have a CA lens profile you can use. Ref post 14 and 15

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Lovely photos Steve (as usual)

LR may well have a CA lens profile you can use. Ref post 14 and 15

Cheers,
    Why is it showing again, I really haven't been looking? I'm using LR2 and it has a couple of sliders for CA.(added a small amount) At any rate, i won't have to worry about it, when i get the DXO upgrade. I'm really surprised this lens is even showing any CA. Perhaps it's the backlighting.

Real Name
    Steve

Set five..............................A few running shots.

Whitetails in the Snow

Whitetails in the Snow

Whitetails in the Snow

Whitetails in the Snow

Whitetails in the Snow

Whitetails in the Snow

Real Name
    Wendy

Whoa, I missed the last 3 sets had to log in to say thanks. These are great. The fourth set had me laughing too, but you have to feel kind of bad for what they have to go through in the winter just to get a bite to eat.

Love the running set with the pure white backgrounds. Can't say that I like any better than the others though - nope that's not true. I adore the first shot of sets 2 & 3. All the rest are a very close second. Not a bad one in the lot. Great job, I think these are even better than last years

Wendy

Real Name
    Kathy

Whitetails in the Snow[/QUOTE]

Love this photo, it is just so cute!! Can you share your equipment and camera settings with us, I love how you have captured the falling snow off of the trees, I have not mastered that yet. Thank you.

Kathy

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Whoa, I missed the last 3 sets had to log in to say thanks. These are great. The fourth set had me laughing too, but you have to feel kind of bad for what they have to go through in the winter just to get a bite to eat.

Love the running set with the pure white backgrounds. Can't say that I like any better than the others though - nope that's not true. I adore the first shot of sets 2 & 3. All the rest are a very close second. Not a bad one in the lot. Great job, I think these are even better than last years

Wendy
    Thank you wendy!!! Glad you liked the series. It's also nice to know that people think i'm improving in my skills. I kind of feel sometimes, i can't improve my work, unless I buy better equipment. (still using the same equipment i started with, 4 years ago)

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
    Whitetails in the Snow
    Love this photo, it is just so cute!! Can you share your equipment and camera settings with us, I love how you have captured the falling snow off of the trees, I have not mastered that yet. Thank you.

Kathy[/QUOTE]

Thank you , kathy. The light was some of the best i've ever seen. The sky was like a huge light box. This is the real reason the shot came out soo good. The settings were just set to freeze the action. I noticed the snow falling from the limbs and knew i needed shutter speed to freeze it . I feel fine using iso 1250 , so iso 320 was perfectly acceptable and a shutter speed of 1/2000 was plenty to freeze the action. (I always use as low an ISO as i can, as long as i have the shutter speed i want. Sometimes i compromise in low light)

Camera Model Name
    Canon EOS-1D Mark II
    Firmware
    -
    Shooting Date/Time
    12/29/2012 15:24:12
    Tv(Shutter Speed)
    1/2000Sec.
    Av(Aperture Value)
    F4.0
    Metering Modes
    Split metering
    Exposure Compensation
    +2/3
    ISO Speed
    Lens
    -
    Focal Length
    300.0 mm

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

Kathy
    Thank you , kathy. The light was some of the best i've ever seen. The sky was like a huge light box. This is the real reason the shot came out soo good. The settings were just set to freeze the action. I noticed the snow falling from the limbs and knew i needed shutter speed to freeze it . I feel fine using iso 1250 , so iso 320 was perfectly acceptable and a shutter speed of 1/2000 was plenty to freeze the action. (I always use as low an ISO as i can, as long as i have the shutter speed i want. Sometimes i compromise in low light)

Camera Model Name
    Canon EOS-1D Mark II
    Firmware
    -
    Shooting Date/Time
    12/29/2012 15:24:12
    Tv(Shutter Speed)
    1/2000Sec.
    Av(Aperture Value)
    F4.0
    Metering Modes
    Split metering
    Exposure Compensation
    +2/3
    ISO Speed
    Lens
    -
    Focal Length
    300.0 mm[/QUOTE]

Thank you Steve for sharing your knowledge -- all of the photos are just breathtaking!!
    Kathy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12