Thread: Autumn Leaves

Real Name
    Judi

Autumn Leaves

I liked the color contrast of the leaves and the water in the pool. Comments welcome.

Autumn Leaves

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Autumn Leaves

Hi Judi,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me.

There's a lot to like about this; composition and colour contrast.

Have you done any PP on it Judi?
    What software do you have?

I ask because I might normally suggest using Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE) as that may give some more texture on the leaves. I tried some on this using UnSharp Mask at 20%, 250px, 0 threshold and thought it helped - this can be done in PS Elements or CS, or other programs (perhaps with different numbers).

If mine, I think I'd use the spot healing tool, or other methods, to deal with some of the white spots at the top of frame, especially any that hit the edge of frame.

Ideally, I'd like to have seen this bigger to better assess it, say, 1000px tall.

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Judi

Thank you for the comments. I did very little PP on this. I've owned CS6 for about a week, so am not at all proficient at it. Also, I noticed that this looks completely different on my computer vs. my iPad. Good point about the spot healing tool. So far, it's my favorite tool.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by judiscott View Post
    Also, I noticed that this looks completely different on my computer vs. my iPad.
    Hi Judi,

This effect could be caused by a number of things;
    The screens may vary in contrast at different viewing angles, make sure you're viewing both at 90 degrees to the screen in similar ambient lighting conditions.
    More likely perhaps, is that the colorspace is set to "AdobeRGB" in the image above. When viewed on the web in different browsers, this is "asking for trouble" and you are better off setting both the camera and your processing software to "sRGB".

There's a bit more about that, and some test slides here; http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/color-spaces-page1, it may be revealing to view this link on both computer (Mac or PC?) and iPad.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 31st December 2012 at 12:49 AM.