Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dog Agility set to Music

Real Name
    Dan

Dog Agility set to Music

Hi there. I'm new around here and thought this may be a good way to break the ice. This year a friend of mine who competes in dog agility convinced me to come out and shoot photos. With the prospect of selling a few and being a dog lover anyway, I gave it a try. Anyway, I ended up shooting several events and by the end of the summer was achieving some decent results. While shooting the last event of the summer, the song "orange blossom special" kept running through my head. So I put together a clip of several hundred dog shots set to that song. If interested you can check it out at this link.

Regards,
    Dan

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Dog Agility set to Music

Thanks Dan, I enjoyed that and the dogs looked as if they enjoyed it too.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Very entertaining and not too long - in case anyone is worried by "So I put together a clip of several hundred dog shots"

Not only is the photography good, but you have a knack with choosing the right content and sequences for the suitable bits of music.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Terry

Very nice Dan!

I love the OBS! Classic Grass! And that’s an awesome version.

Great photos and well put together to match up with the music! And a very nice, quick pace and tempo. Works very well.

I really enjoyed your clip!

Real Name
    Richard

Great shots... They work very well with the music! I don't know if you purposely did this or not, but there is a short segment at the start and end of each video clip in which the subject is not moving. IMO, removing these "still" segments might smooth out the total video.

BTW: I have not been as successful as you in you shooting agility although, I have only tried it twice and that was with a little Maltese who is our friends MAC (Master Agility Champion).

Seeing this video has given me the incentive to photograph some more matches. I think that the fast and acurate AF of my Canon 7D might be pretty good for this type of photography! I did not use the 7D for my previous agility work...

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks for the comment, folks. Photography and dogs are two of my favorite things.

Richard the 7D should be great for agility. I've shot a couple of trials with a Nikon D300 which is probably comparable in the level of technology.