Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sending a Christmas telegraph message

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Sending a Christmas telegraph message

I caught this scene at a visit to the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, Maryland today. I couldn't do anything about the window on the right side, as this is a candid shot of a visitor enjoying the museum.

Does the color balance look natural? I ask because part of the image is lit by strong sunlight and the other part is lit by artificial light.

Sending a Christmas telegraph message
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 29th December 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Sending a Christmas telegraph message

I think you have done very well with what can be a frustrating combination of light temperatures. You might have been slightly assisted by the cool winter light outside, but had you not mentioned it, I dont think I would have recognized the challenge.

I dont remember your pp software- I 'd be interested to know how you balanced the 2 light sources so well. LR4 now has adjustment brushes that include local WB control. Is this LR, PS with layers, gradient layers, or other software I know nothing about? Thanks for posting this, it's a common problem and can be very tricky to overcome so well.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Sending a Christmas telegraph message

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin. I used Nikon Capture NX2, selected the areas lit by artificial light using Selection Control Points and used the Color Balance RGB sliders to alter the look.