Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Old stuff......

Real Name
    Griddi

Old stuff......

On Boxing day we went for a drive to a small township, and there was a shop with old stuff from time past, was quite interesting to look at, here are some photos, although nothing special.......

Griddi......

Old stuff......
    This was sort of a outside shed......

Old stuff......
    Long small boxes with " Word Rolls " perhaps for old pianos ?

Old stuff......

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Old stuff......

Hi, Griddi

Those shops are great places to poke around photographically for products and combinations we dont see regularly. It can be difficult to establish a good place to frame or crop, though, because theyare usually crammed full of stuff.

On image #1 I'd recommend a tighter crop to get rid of the lattice on the right and the partial chests on the left, and then across the bottom if you want to keep your aspect ratio the same.

#2 would benefit from straightening and a tighter crop, especially if it allows us to read the box captions.

All 3 might benefit from some highlight reduction, and an increase in contrast and saturation, though that can be very taste specific. I tend to live more on the dark side than alot of folks.

As you, like me, enjoy this stuff, I'd also recommend you to antique furniture stores. They frequently come up with some vey unique settings, and it's fun to play with the B&W and antiquing techniques in PPing.

I enjoyed these, thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Griddi,

I quite liked that they are bright and nicely white balanced, although I am viewing on a different screen to normal

Cheers,

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    Hi, Griddi

Those shops are great places to poke around photographically for products and combinations we dont see regularly. It can be difficult to establish a good place to frame or crop, though, because theyare usually crammed full of stuff.

On image #1 I'd recommend a tighter crop to get rid of the lattice on the right and the partial chests on the left, and then across the bottom if you want to keep your aspect ratio the same.

#2 would benefit from straightening and a tighter crop, especially if it allows us to read the box captions.

All 3 might benefit from some highlight reduction, and an increase in contrast and saturation, though that can be very taste specific. I tend to live more on the dark side than alot of folks.

As you, like me, enjoy this stuff, I'd also recommend you to antique furniture stores. They frequently come up with some vey unique settings, and it's fun to play with the B&W and antiquing techniques in PPing.

I enjoyed these, thanks for sharing.

Kevin
    Hi Kevin, thank you, and I agree with you the photo's could do with a bit more saturation, sometimes I am always a bit more to apply, as I am worried the photo will look to garish......

As I was with my family, and they are all not interesting in taking photos semselves, they get a bit impatient if I take to much time to frame my photos, so quite often my photos on these family trips turn out to be snapshoots

#2 I can not crop anymore, as there would be nothing left of the photo, these boxes were really very tiny, so I cropped the photo anyway......

I worked on all 3 photo's, but seems to have a problem to post all these 3 again, so it is only one photo.....
    Please let me know what you think of this one now....

Griddi......

Old stuff......

Real Name
    Kevin

Nicely done!

All that might remain is the removal of that tiny triangle of gold in the RLC that pulls our eyes from the rest. I completely feel your pain in having family hurrying us along. Sometimes I win, soometimes they win

Real Name
    Griddi

Dave......thank you very much for looking and comment........

Greetings,

Griddi.......

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    Nicely done!

All that might remain is the removal of that tiny triangle of gold in the RLC that pulls our eyes from the rest. I completely feel your pain in having family hurrying us along. Sometimes I win, soometimes they win
    Kevin, I noticed after cropping the " gold triangle " too, but was just to lazy to crop again, but will done now....
    Thanks for looking again.......

Kind regards,
    Griddi......