Thread: Pygmy Leatherjacket and Friends (UW Macros)

Real Name
    Karl

Pygmy Leatherjacket and Friends (UW Macros)

Some underwater macros taken with my Olympus OMD EM-5 & 60mm macro lens. With these images I had some home made snoots on my two strobes. Essentially the snoots now the beam of light from the strobes and directs it on a particular part of the image - in this case the subject to try and make them stand out from the background.

Karl

Pygmy Leahterjacket - this guy is about 20mm across

A Triplefin - with this image the snoots have made the subject stand out but by using a small F stop (F16) and a fast shutter speed (1/160) and with the reduced lighting from the strobe it has made the background very dark.

This is a worm - we call them feather dusters - the red & white stuff is their gills which they extend to feed. With this image I had a +3 macro wet lens fitted to the front of the housing to assist with the magnification.

A Chromodoris reticulata Nudibranch - again with a +3 macro wet lens

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Pygmy Leatherjacket and Friends (UW Macros)

Award-winning Underwater Photography technique !! I have a friend Warren Williams of British Society of Underwater Photographers I must show these photos -- he makes his own housings with curved viewfinder things -- ME -- I don 't like water getting up my nose so I stay on DRY LAND !

Real Name
    Griddi

W O W Karl, I just love these photos, thank you for posting these amazings photos.......

Griddi........

Real Name
    Bill S

Karl,

That Chromodoris shot is fantastic. Perfect focus on the rhinophores! Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
    Award-winning Underwater Photography technique !! I have a friend Warren Williams of British Society of Underwater Photographers I must show these photos -- he makes his own housings with curved viewfinder things -- ME -- I don 't like water getting up my nose so I stay on DRY LAND !
    Pete, when you scuba dive, your mask covers your eyes and nose, so no water up your nose... unless, of course, if you laugh or even smile underwater!

- Bill