Thread: For the Children

Real Name
    randy

For the Children

For the Children

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: For the Children

Very nice image. Great use of the shadow as a compositional element that frames the subject. Note the subtle colors in the flame and at its edges, not easy to achieve. This isn't just for the children; it's also great for the adults.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 20th December 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Real Name
    Peter

Brought back memories for when I was 'young' -- I remember carrying similar small candles with my Mum outside into the garden and into the Air Raid Shelter where we spent the night while the Germans were bombing London in 1940 !

Real Name
    Travis

Appropriate tribute Randy, very nice.

Real Name
    randy

My most recent addition to my kit is the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8(w/o stabilization), this was a test shot in preparation for Christmas light displays that were installed over the past couple months. Every year we photograph the displays for our records. This is technical reason for the shot.

The impetus for the shot was in response to the tragic events in Newtown, Conn.; where a very disturbed young man murdered his mother and then went to an elementary school and murdered several school staff and 20 children. Most in this country were shocked and saddened by this terrible event. I am certain that our thoughts are with those affected by this tragedy.

Real Name
    Griddi

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
    Brought back memories for when I was 'young' -- I remember carrying similar small candles with my Mum outside into the garden and into the Air Raid Shelter where we spent the night while the Germans were bombing London in 1940 !
    You must have a very good memory, as you are now 75 years old, you must have been in 1940 just two years, to remember these small candles.

You must be better than me, because although I have a very good memory, I truly can not remember anything when I was 2 years young......

Griddi.......