Thread: American Architecture PENTAX 6X7

Real Name
    Peter

American Architecture PENTAX 6X7

Here are some pics taken in USA on a trip with the PhotoTravellers Group some years ago -- I sent them to my Agency but NO Luck -- NO SALES and now they do not want any more 'Hard Copy' pics only 'digital' - you can 'click' on a photo to be taken to the page where you can read all the story behind it -- I scanned these transparencies with an Epson 1650 flatbed, Vuescan and PhotoShop 7 -- used my 45mm f4 SMC Takumar lens.
    USA : Colorado: Denver by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    USA: Colorado: Denver by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    USA : Colorado: Denver by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    USA: Colorado: Denver by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: American Architecture PENTAX 6X7

Peter,
    some nice shots here. I like the 2nd one, with the flag the best.
    Do you feel as a Pro. it's getting much harder to sell your work?

Real Name
    Peter

YES -- mostly people want photography FREE now -- the only newspaper PAYING for photos is the Brentwood Gazette in my area --- the others rely on free photos from 'The Girl in the Office With a Nikon Coolpix' -- readers are also actively encouraged to joint the web-site and send in 'news and events' photos . The Gazette has made the Chief Photographer, a younger Girl Photog. and a reporter with 32 years service redundant two weeks ago -- cheaper to pay freelancers for a few jobs a week -- NO Company Car or Company Camera gear to pay out for or Pensions or National Insurance etc -- there there are the TV companies asking viewers to send in photos ans 'see you photos onscreen' but they do not mention for FREE!
    Nobody has heard of a Poor Solicitor, Dentist, Doctor or Plumber BUT there are Hundreds of Poor PHOTOGRAPHERS now all going out of business !!

Real Name
    James

It's a different world out there now. The digital age ushered in more than just the demise of film. Now its computers and Photoshop (which, by the way, I love!) on line tutorials, etc. The people making money now days are in most cases not the people taking pictures and selling them. They are the ones writing about taking pictures and selling the books to all the people who what to be the ones taking pictures and selling them! It's a whole new world, and if you want to make money at "Photography" you need to re-think how you are going to do it.
    Just one old farts observations and thoughts