Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sony Cybershot HX20V

Real Name
    Paul

Sony Cybershot HX20V

Hi,

Fairly new to all this, I have a Nikon SLR and am looking to replace my compact camera as well, which I carry everywhere, does anyone have ideas, I have looked at the Sony Cybershot HX20V which seems to get good reviews.
    Any expert advice greatly appreciated.

Also, any recommendations of any good photography courses, online or attended. I live in Suffolk.

thanks

Paul

Also, any recommendations of any good photography courses, online or attended. I live in Suffolk.

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Sony Cybershot HX20V

Nice camera - too many pixels.

Look at the Canon SX240/SX260 instead. Same 20x zoom, 3" screen, HD Video and full manual control but with a really nice 12mp sensor that you can actually use above base iso.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    Nice camera - too many pixels.

Look at the Canon SX240/SX260 instead. Same 20x zoom, 3" screen, HD Video and full manual control but with a really nice 12mp sensor that you can actually use above base iso.
    Thanks for the reply, you say the Sony has too many pixels, does this make the photos more noisy

Real Name
    Robin

Tends to on a small sensor, the Canon has a 12mp HS (high Sensitivity) sensor. The other Camera to look at is the Panasonic TZ30 which has a 14mp high speed sensor a rather nice touch screen and a crackin' good Leica designed (not made by the way, regardless of what you may be told elsewhere) lens.