Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Eagle

Real Name
    George

Eagle

I had to go to Pennsylvania for something and brought my camera to take some scenic shots along the Delaware on the way back. While taking some standard photos I saw a large bird about a quarter mile (~ half km). Luckily I had pre-programmed a memory setting for ISO 1600, 1/1000, f4.5 continuous shooting. So started tracking as best I could. It flew right overhead - maybe I looked like lunch.

The eagle is a juvenile bald eagle with a wing span of about 6 feet (2 m). The whole sequence took about 20 secs. I only used a moderate zoom in order to get it into frame. Here are the best with heavy crops and PP with Lightroom, and one for perspective. C&C are very much appreciated. Also any advice on setting up memory for these types of shots would be very helpful. I have a Sony RX100 so no interchangeable lenses.

George

Eagle

Eagle

Eagle

Eagle

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Eagle

Frankly - a compact with a maximum reach of 100mm is not going to capture anything noteworthy at this sort of distance.

On the other hand, you do get points for at least trying.

Real Name
    George

Re: Eagle

Thanks for the reality check Bobo.

I'll stick to zoos for my bird shots. The camera is great except for the high levels where professionals live. I'm still trying its limits.

George