Thread: Some 'Street' Photos fron New Member

Real Name
    Peter

Some 'Street' Photos fron New Member

Just Joined this Site -- I would like to show you a few 'Street Photos; as it seems to be the right section here --
    Chinese : Pentax ME Super, outdated Fuji Superia 200 film, weak fill-in flash
    chinese-07.jpg

Cruise: 1986 Leica M6 + 1966 35mm f1.4 Summilux, outdated Fuji Reala 100 film, Barcelona.
    cruise-14.jpg

Yellow Bird: 1960's Zeiss CONTINA, 1998 outdated Fuji Super G 400 film, Brentwood, Essex.
    yellow-bird.jpg

Diversions: annual 'Street Deversions. Chelmsford, Essex Canon A1, outdated Fuji Superia 200 film.
    diversions-07.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 16th December 2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: put images inline so everyone can see them together and bigger

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Some 'Street' Photos fron New Member

Hi Pete,

These threads may be helpful next time;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

and if after crtiqiue;
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Street photography is not really my thing, so I'll refrain from trying to make masterpieces from (necessarily) grab shots

I will say it is obvious what the subject is, so they must be alright at the level.

Cheers,

Real Name
    John

You want to tell a story with with candid photography or with any image for that matter or else it is just a grab shot. The second and fourth photo do provide some storytelling, the first and third require more from the viewer and would perhaps need a title for further imaginings.

Were these images scanned by you?

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    You want to tell a story with with candid photography or with any image for that matter or else it is just a grab shot. The second and fourth photo do provide some storytelling, the first and third require more from the viewer and would perhaps need a title for further imaginings.

Were these images scanned by you?
    YES - I scanned these photos -- all except the Yellow Bird are from 6x4" colour prints I had done commercially -- I used a 'MUSTEK 1200 UB 'flatbed scanner which came with my original 'TIME' computer I was donated by Sister-in-Law -- then the 35mm negative of 'Yellow bird' is done on an Epson 1650 flatbed I was given b y a Camera Club member, using VUESCAN Professional I won free, and Photoshop 7 I now have TWO Computers, both given -- this one is a 'Gateway e -machine' running Windows XP, as does the TIME one.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 17th December 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Extract the answer from the question!

Real Name
    John

i asked about the scanning because the 2nd and fourth have very good resolution, the first not so bad, the third appears very blurry. Wondered if there was any further processing, were any of these edited using Photoshop or another program? I've converted a few film shots to digital and post editing is always necessary.

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    i asked about the scanning because the 2nd and fourth have very good resolution, the first not so bad, the third appears very blurry. Wondered if there was any further processing, were any of these edited using Photoshop or another program? I've converted a few film shots to digital and post editing is always necessary.
    The reason the Yellow Bird is not so good is that I was testing some 1998 outdated film I was given which had NOT been stored well -- it had a high Fog Level which caused the grain after scanning -- also, the 'flatbed' scanner is not the best for 35mm -- OK for Medium Format negs or slides -- if I want prints I do them in the darkroom or have them commercially printed so scan only for 'Forum' posting and they are usually good enough for that-- thanks for your interest .

Real Name
    Graham

Hi Peter,
    We don't see many street photos here. I rather like No4, the skin tones are excellent Fuji superior looks good even out of date. I like the idea of 1 & 2 but it seems to me that the framing slightly misses the mark, or maybe it is the plastic bag behind the man in 1.
    Look forward to seeing some more.
    Graham