Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tenby harbour at sunset

Tenby harbour at sunset

It's difficult to get this shot. You only get about 10 mins at sunset, but you also need the tide right, and you need just enough water fom high tide to give the reflection pools.

C+C welcome.

View on Black

EXIF

Tenby harbour at sunset

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Tenby harbour at sunset

It looks too good to be Tenby. Very surreal image. It might fit nice over my fireplace, I can almost smell the salt.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    It's difficult to get this shot. You only get about 10 mins at sunset, but you also need the tide right, and you need just enough water fom high tide to give the reflection pools.
    And when the tide does co-incide with sunset Murphy says it'll be windy - or raining - or cloudy

Real Name
    Jack

That is a great shot.
    I've got to ask, how long were you contemplating that image?
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jacsul View Post
    ...I've got to ask, how long were you contemplating that image?
    About 4 years. I saw one done by another local photographer, and thought I could do better, but the right conditions are tricky to coordinate, especially as it's an hour's trip from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    It looks too good to be Tenby. Very surreal image. It might fit nice over my fireplace, I can almost smell the salt.
    That's probably the mud you can smell - I was gradually sinking into it. If you would like it over your fireplace I can do it for £27 at A3 size.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

That's probably the mud you can smell - I was gradually sinking into it. If you would like it over your fireplace I can do it for £27 at A3 size.
    LOL - I've had a few of those. In my case "retreat to fight another day" was the wiser strategy (almost got stuck once!).

Real Name
    Jack

Lost a brand new pair of Tims to the mud building a Jetty off laguardia airport some years ago...
    I give you credit for that feat Rob.

I cannot fault this shot Rob. Superb lighting, reflections and a balanced composition to boot. Beautiful part of the country too. We have had some cracking holidays with the kids on the Pembroke coast.

Steve

Lovely! I haven't been to Tenby for more years than I care to admit to, and this photograph reminds me what an attractive place it is.

Well done on your determination & efforts to get the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I cannot fault this shot Rob. Superb lighting, reflections and a balanced composition to boot. Beautiful part of the country too. We have had some cracking holidays with the kids on the Pembroke coast.

Steve
    Amazing how many people have been to Tenby. It is a great little gem of a place. Here's another I did at the same time. This one is more abstract.

Tenby harbour at sunset

Quote Originally Posted by GillR View Post
    Well done on your determination & efforts to get the shot!
    You don't know half of it. Apart from being up to my knees in gooey mud I had my wife on the quayside yelling at me to get a move on. Some people just don't understand us artists.

You don't know half of it. Apart from being up to my knees in gooey mud I had my wife on the quayside yelling at me to get a move on. Some people just don't understand us artists.
    I would think an irritated spouse was much more of a deterrent than the mud ... I know mine would be

Love the second image, too.