Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Twisted

Real Name
    Tom

Twisted

Twisted

This was my first attempt at a B&W with selective color use. When I had taken and developed this image I wanted the viewer to feel the fragility of time. Also to feel the tenderness of even the hardest of the elements, everything can be bent and broken if exposed to certain conditions. Even through there is passage of life, new life is born from it's death.

Would love to hear all C+C on all aspects. Thank you

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Twisted

Tom: Saw your other post and liked them very much, and your use of a image to express your ups and downs have made for some interesting images. You are also a very good wordsmith puting words to the images so that I and others can get a better understanding of your thoughts. You are much better at that, than I, someone askes me to tell them what was I feeling or thinking before I took the image I usually answer, "I liked it".

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    james

Tom your use of texture and color and lack of color is truly artistic, I also see a geometry in this picture( something like 15 triangles) I guess I am just saying " I liked it" lol to steal Allans words.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

great work, i love it

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks Polar. It has been a very healthy outlet for me to get out, something this time of year is mostly impossible. I have spent many winters barely leaving the house or the bed. It is funny you say that, they didn't want to let me graduate college because of my writing skills. Since that point I have had a few years practice writing and sitting in an editorial position. I ran a website that reviewed Music Festivals across North America. My strategy is not much different, I am drawn to an object naturally, then I ask myself, why?

Jamn4ex thank you. I saw the geometry too while I was shooting it and thought compositionally it made it more interesting. I was starting to wonder if the copious amounts of LSD I ate in my adolescence was creeping back up on me, lol. Whenever I start seeing fractals it brings me back to being 16 and getting lost in Dali books for hours.

Thanks Allen!

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

I have been trying to analyse why I like it so much and decided I like everything - the tones, composition, simplicity and even the strong vignetting. The opposing diagonals of the wire works really well.

Real Name
    Tom

Thank you Paul. It is funny how when you are out there are so many beautiful things around here, giant trees, old barns, farm animals, old tractors, etc, yet somehow the simplest things create some of the most memorable moments.