Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Same shot 2 cameras

Real Name
    Steve

Same shot 2 cameras

I usually carry two cameras with me now when i shoot, because i use prime lenses. (with wildlife, i don't have time to change lenses) I usually carry one with a 300mm and the other with a 85mm . This is the same shot from the same location, just 2 different lenses.

kind of had to clip the blacks to get the forground exposure.

Same shot 2 cameras

As you can see the larger pixles of the 8mp 1dmkii captured more shadow detail (more pixles are not always better)

Same shot 2 cameras

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Same shot 2 cameras

Steve, my vote is for the top image because I enjoy seeing the deer in his environment. I like the colors of the deer, moss, pine branches and darker leaves. To me, the top is very realistic, and what you really see and can appreciate while walking through the woods.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Same shot 2 cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Curtis View Post
    Steve, my vote is for the top image because I enjoy seeing the deer in his environment. I like the colors of the deer, moss, pine branches and darker leaves. To me, the top is very realistic, and what you really see and can appreciate while walking through the woods.
    Thanks ken, i really like the wider angle shots myself. As long as i have a nice background to go with them. That's why i shoot on golf courses and in the park, to get the open backgrounds.