Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Snowy Egret In Flight...

  1. #1
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Snowy Egret In Flight...

    I shot these on Monday and post processed today. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

    #1

    Snowy Egret In Flight...

    #2

    Snowy Egret In Flight...

  2. #2
    jeeperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    3,550
    Real Name
    Paul

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Super nicely done, Joe. The exposure is right on the money to pull detail from the white.

  3. #3
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,064
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Yeah, what Paul said

    Do you ever take a bad picture Joe?

  4. #4
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Super nicely done, Joe. The exposure is right on the money to pull detail from the white.
    Thanks Paul, I get a lot of practice with white birds in Florida.

  5. #5
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Yeah, what Paul said

    Do you ever take a bad picture Joe?
    Thank you Dave. Regarding your question... yup, you do not see what goes into the bin.

  6. #6
    HiImTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tuckerton, NJ
    Posts
    148
    Real Name
    Tom

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    I love the transparency of the wings in #1. Great shots.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mid Atlantic coast, USA
    Posts
    538
    Real Name
    Natalie

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Two very good shots...you did get a lot of detail in the whites, I find this especially hard to do on a bright day....well done!

  8. #8
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by HiImTom View Post
    I love the transparency of the wings in #1. Great shots.
    Hi Tom, thank you for viewing and commenting. Much appreciated.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Another excellent catch and presentation.

    Boy, do I envy you at this time of year. Over the last week have seen just 3 birds - a cardinal, a pigeon and a seagull. Sparrows don't count. LOL

  10. #10
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Two very good shots...you did get a lot of detail in the whites, I find this especially hard to do on a bright day....well done!
    Thanks Nat, your comment is very much appreciated. Underexpose for white birds in bright light. I use the +/- EV control setting it to -1 EV. If the light is really bright you may have to go lower. Then raise the exposure in post processing.

  11. #11
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Another excellent catch and presentation.

    Boy, do I envy you at this time of year. Over the last week have seen just 3 birds - a cardinal, a pigeon and a seagull. Sparrows don't count. LOL
    Hey Bobo... why don't Sparrows count? Florida is the place for birds in the winter. They flock here just like our population about doubles with snowbirds.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    161
    Real Name
    Connie Keyes

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    I really admire the way you get the detail on the wings with the light shining through. You are fortunate to be living where there are so many beautiful birds. The first one really captures the grace of the bird and I especially like the clarity of the eye.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,732
    Real Name
    james

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    same as above

  14. #14
    botspur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    BOTSWANA
    Posts
    441
    Real Name
    Clive

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Well done Joe by getting excellent results with a tricky subject. #1 for me.

  15. #15
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by CLK View Post
    I really admire the way you get the detail on the wings with the light shining through. You are fortunate to be living where there are so many beautiful birds. The first one really captures the grace of the bird and I especially like the clarity of the eye.
    Thank you Connie. You are so correct, Florida is a paradise for bird photographers.

  16. #16
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    same as above
    Thanks James, very much appreciated.

  17. #17
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Quote Originally Posted by botspur View Post
    Well done Joe by getting excellent results with a tricky subject. #1 for me.
    Thanks Clive, not quite elephants but we photograph what is available.

  18. #18

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    Great shots Joe.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,732
    Real Name
    james

    Re: Snowy Egret In Flight...

    I keep coming back to these

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •