Thread: disfigured landscape

Real Name
    Koos

disfigured landscape

On my local photoclub the photochallenge was around this theme. This is what I came up with. C&C appreciated.

disfigured landscape

disfigured landscape

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: disfigured landscape

Koos

I thoink that idea of the industrial pipes coming out from the top of the tree, is brilliant. To align the two things in the way you have is inspired in terms of the message it gives about everything we are doing to destroy the environment in which we live, despite the fact that some people still deny global warming and the impact of humankind.

I was just reading an article in a newspaper about how accurate those who made predictions in 1990 have been about climate change and its effects. Climate change is now within a very, very small window of variation in comparison to the modelling done in 1990. And yet there are some still prepared to dismiss the predictions being made by these same people for the next 20 years.

I'm just glad I won't be around to hear our grandchildren and their chidlren curse us for our destructive behaviour.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice first image. I think I would like it even more if there was some space to the left of the steam. Try returning to the scene and capturing it at sunrise or sunset.

Real Name
    Koos

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the comment. This is not possible right now, because the leaves have fallen. But I keep it in mind for spring.

Real Name
    Koos

Dear Donald,

The picture gives a clear message, but actually the pipe is from an installation where garbage is being burnt and with the heat half of the town is being heated. In this way the town is not spoiling natural resources and is not polluting the air with exhaustfumes from the central heaters.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by easternlight View Post
    The picture gives a clear message, but actually the pipe is from an installation where garbage is being burnt and with the heat half of the town is being heated. In this way the town is not spoiling natural resources and is not polluting the air with exhaustfumes from the central heaters.
    In that case, it is wonderful. It is about recycling and efficiency.

However, for the purposes of your photo-challenge I am not sure that this would qualify, would it? Although the physical structure of the incinerator is not natural, I don't think we could call it a disfigurement on the landscape. It's purpose is to help preserve the landscape.

Real Name
    Koos

Well, I photographed this pipe coming out of the tree, in order to visualize what we do with nature. We spoil it, at least in the industrial areas.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by easternlight View Post
    Well, I photographed this pipe coming out of the tree, in order to visualize what we do with nature. We spoil it, at least in the industrial areas.
    Ok. I understand.

Real Name
    Koos

Thanks for the comments anyway, I appreciate this, Still need a lot to learn.