Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Disgarded Hearts

Disgarded Hearts

Not being one to overdo the PP I thought I would make some subtle adjustments to these party baloons

Disgarded Hearts

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Disgarded Hearts

You can't fool me - your "sole images" logo has been Photoshopped hasn't it!

Great stuff - I enjoy "out of the box" thinking (when it works like this).

This picture is terrific and would make a 'funky' type of card for Valentines Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel View Post
    This picture is terrific and would make a 'funky' type of card for Valentines Day.
    Actually, I think it would make a great divorce card. I'm thinking of the two red hearts separated, with the tenuous link between them clinging on, and the black balloon represents the lover figure in the background. Now there's a great new line in greeting cards - Divorce cards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Actually, I think it would make a great divorce card. I'm thinking of the two red hearts separated, with the tenuous link between them clinging on, and the black balloon represents the lover figure in the background. Now there's a great new line in greeting cards - Divorce cards!!!
    Ooh crikey. My glass is always half full, looks as though yours is half empty.
    Never thought of that.

Carol

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Actually, I think it would make a great divorce card.
    I reckon that the best "divorce" card is one that says "Congratulations!" - usually when it gets to that stage all of the misery is over - they've made the decision - and it's really a great opportunity to take advantage of "today being the first day of the rest of our lives"

... Mind you, I'm the sort who contemplates sending sympathy cards to people who have just had a baby (little do they know Mauhahahaha)!

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

"Balooney" Good play!

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    I reckon that the best "divorce" card is one that says "Congratulations!" - usually when it gets to that stage all of the misery is over - they've made the decision - and it's really a great opportunity to take advantage of "today being the first day of the rest of our lives"
    Did you know that social scientists (somewhere) have discovered a direct correlation between photographers, divorce rates, and the UPS courier service.... inexplicable!

You can't fool me - your "sole images" logo has been Photoshopped hasn't it!
    "Cheat...me...you insult me Sir. I demand satisfaction...70-200s at dawn!.....er actually I did cheat a bit....with the logo.

and thank you all for your positive comments.

direct correlation between photographers, divorce rates, and the UPS courier service.... inexplicable!
    It is not the photography itself that causes the problem. You can always make your wife/husband feel important by giving them something useful to do. Like holding your gadget bag or acting as a voice activated strobe stand. The trouble starts with the PP. Hours spent alone in a darkened room with a laptop (and the accompanying grunting noises and screamed superlatives don't exactly decry innocence). Deleted browser histories dont help either. It may mean they will never see your gear list on POTN or your attempts at mistakenly flirting with a 250lb welder who owns a Kodak Brownie and signs himself Fluffykins but I am sure they suspect darker things.

And another thing...and this is a genuine observation. Women photographers must be of totally different make-up to non-photographers. My wife could not possibly be a photographer because she would never ever be able to find her camera in her camera bag. Old pairs of specs, out of date medication, antique Foxes Glacier mints, dead cats you name it but a camera no. The camera would be in the same place as her mobile phone and her car keys....a fourth dimension somewhere.

Steve

Steve
    Last edited by Wirefox; 9th October 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Real Name
    Jack

Your wife and I must be related some how.
    Every time I leave the My Girls stand @ the door:
    Wallet: check
    cell phone: check
    keys: check
    money: check
    lunch: huh, no thats the camera...
    only to make one last trip back into the house, because I forgot...........

Jacsul

I suspect that may be age creeping in. I suffer similarly In fact I cannot begin to count the number of times I enter the garage at home and cannot remember what I went in there for