Thread: Emailing multiple images...

Real Name
    Richard

Emailing multiple images...

In my "Chief Cook and Bottle Washer" position with the American Maltese Rescue organization, I am often tasked with sending multiple images by email. I use Gmail and previously have had absolutely no problems selecting multiple images from my library and then inserting the images into the email at one time.

My previous compose screen looked like this...

The area in which I inserted the message was my entire monitor screen and I could select "attach a file" and select any number of images and then select "open" and the images would be inserted into the email.

NOW, my compose screen looks like this (I did nothing that I know of to change the setup)...

After I select "compose" I get a tiny pop-up screen to the bottom left of my monitor. If I want to attach an image, I have to select the paper-clip icon and select each image and load that image individually onto my email. That is a great PITA and a time waster when I am very short of time communicating with potential adopters and with donors.

I feel certain that I changed the layout inadvertently. So many programs have constant changes. IMO, change is not always progress.

BTW: I use Internet Explorer

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Emailing multiple images...

Hi Richard,

What you're seeing is an update to the program. To select multiple files, just hold down the CTRL key after you've selected your first file.

Real Name
    Ken

Just as you get used to a program they go and change the d**** thing!

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

You can also copy/paste images directly into the eMail.

I'm a bit of a gMail "power user" and have to say I don't think the new revision is any different in terms of functionality.

Real Name
    Gary

I think that if you have Adobe Elements/Organiser it has a Share option that allows you to post images to sites such as Flickr as well as emailing images. Haven't used it myself but I guess it could be another potential option for sending images?

Cheers for now

Gary

Real Name
    J stands for John

I just 'insert' photographs and people seem to get them ... but I must have an early version of IE
    Used to be like that in TV .. every time we got a new producer something would be changed
    MS broke the mould after XP, instead of just bringing in the improvements, if they were that.