Real Name
    Paul

Re: Attempt at Light Painting

Lalit

need picture ....

Real Name
    Russell

Yep need picture and you also may find this worth a look if you want to get into light painting.
    http://www.daveblackphotography.com/...t-1-the-basics
    Russ

Real Name
    Lalit

do you mean I need something more besides blackness and light streaks ?

Real Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by lalitvohra View Post
    do you mean I need something more besides blackness and light streaks ?
    No Lalit, there's no picture posted. I've tried on two computers, and a tablet and cannot see your photo.

Real Name
    J stands for John

From the gist of comments here I think there are several approaches to Light Painting ... there is the photographing of moving light [ 'black and light streaks']* and the result of playing a torch over somebody to build up a picture of them [ or it] ... then there is the lighting 'properly' of a large object too big to be got in frame at the working distance of ones flash so one fires off ones flash several times while walking around the location. Maybe for artistic reasons a combination of all three.
    I have done the first [ fireworks display ]and third [ large aircraft sitting on tarmac ] and now with digital and the ease of combining layers wonder if taking several shortish exposures of the subject partly lit in each one could be a way of avoiding noise build-up that comes from longer exposures with some digital cameras. a problem film didn't have and one could cap and uncap the lens while the shutter remained open to combine streaks and bursts of fireworks for example. Possibly a good reason to buy a cheap film camera to make your experiments with ... not seeing your efforts makes it hard to comment further. How about trying to load the image again. Several of us have tried to see it but all we are getting is the dreaded red cross

*We had a high stairwell with a central empty space at photoschool and some planned to hang a torch from a string and record the changing rotation of the torch due to the earth rotation .. not sure if anybody actually did it ... long time ago for me. Easier these days to do it in editing.
    Last edited by jcuknz; 6th December 2012 at 08:50 AM.