Thread: Hot start to the day

Real Name
    Trace

Hot start to the day

Tried out my new head and pano rail this morning. Wasn't necessarily the best location choice for a panoramic outlook given the sky and conditions, but it was easily accessible and didn't involve sand and water, which suited my purposes for this morning.
    Would appreciate any feedback. I'm not especially happy with the post process on this one so would especially welcome any C&C.
    Thanks in advance!
    [edit] forgot to add this was 4x1 stitched in CS5. Each exposue at 50mm f/11 1/90sec ISO 200 [/edit]

Hot start to the day
    Last edited by PhotoByTrace; 2nd December 2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: add image info

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: Hot start to the day

you have every right to be happy with this one! I love it, show off our great land!

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

A lovely sunrise Trace, I think the pano works well here.

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by allenlennon View Post
    you have every right to be happy with this one! I love it, show off our great land!
    Thanks Lurchy! Glad you enjoyed it... very much a case of "I love a sunburnt country" up this way at the moment. Don't want to rush the wet season, but the landscape is brown, dry and very flammable at present.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    A lovely sunrise Trace, I think the pano works well here.
    Thanks Chris

Real Name
    Kevin

Excellent pano, Trace. I like the composition very much. For pp suggestions, you might consider just some very small nudges: nudging down the highlights and temp would help bring out your "angel rays", local application of a touch of increased clarity and contrast (and maybe a very slight exposure decrease) might help the valley floor look a little less "bleached", and maybe a hint of vignette. But i think you are very close to being spot on.

Kevin

Real Name
    Trace

Thanks Kevin for that feedback... I went back in and tried the adjustments you suggested. I like the outcome better... changes are reasonably subtle but I think they are in the right direction. Thank you!

Hot start to the day

The image below was a test shot from the same tripod set up but taken with a single shot at 14mm... just thought I'd share this also to give insight into my comment about the sky lol... this influenced my decision to go to 50mm for a pano and focus in more on that part of the landscape and sky.
    Hot start to the day