Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Jolly Beach at Sunrise

Real Name
    Richard Churchill

Jolly Beach at Sunrise

I took this picture out in Antigua on holiday recently, the rocks were a point I came back to on a number of mornings. It was taken with a long exposure just as the sun was coming up.

Any comments or pointers would be appreciated.

EXIF Data: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rschurc...95581167/meta/

Jolly Beach at Sunrise

Real Name
    Chuck

Re: Jolly Beach at Sunrise

Welcome to CIC. I think you will find the people here to be supportive and helpful. It would be nice if you would post your real name.
    This is a very nice photo. I like the way you captured the early morning pastel colors. The rocks are a very nice anchor. You might consider removing the bit of vegetation in the lower right corner. I find it distracting.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Real Name
    Bill S

I agree with Chuck on this one. A slight crop and maybe some cloning work on that bottom right would be beneficial. Not only is that vegetation pretty bright, I find the warm yellow tones off-set the cool bluish tone of the rest of the shot.

- Bill

PS: You may want to put your real name and location in your profile so we can call you by name. We're a friendly bunch around here, and it seems more of a community when you're not referring to folks by their login name... Oh, and welcome to CiC!

Real Name
    Richard Churchill

Thanks for the comments guys it was the one part, of what was a very nice beach, that I kept being drawn to and the sunrises were fantastic out there. Even on the one dark and gloomy day I managed an early morning shot I'm quite pleased with.

I've updated my profile with Name and location, will add some more details when I'm back from Cambridge at the weekend and posting a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    I agree with Chuck on this one. A slight crop and maybe some cloning work on that bottom right would be beneficial. Not only is that vegetation pretty bright, I find the warm yellow tones off-set the cool bluish tone of the rest of the shot.
    You both have a fair point, I have to say at the time I quite liked it, but now you've pointed it out I'm now noticing how the bright colour distracts from the rest of the shot. I have a shot from the same set without the vegetation in which I'm working on.

Thanks for taking a look.

- Richard