Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Help with CS6 and lighting filter

Real Name
    James

Help with CS6 and lighting filter

OK, so here is the issue.
    When I go to render and choose lighting filter, it opens with all the panels etc, but no HUD comes up in the image - I cant move the lighting effect, can't change anything except what the sliders on the left will let you do. This filter worked fine when I installed months ago. I don't use very often so I have no idea what happened. Been to Adobe forums, etc and there is a lot of info there about Mercury graphics engine, GPU, cash, and so on, but nothing that works for my situation.
    I have a new mother board, a i-5 processor, 16 gig of ram, new video card (nvidia GT640 with 2 gig of on-board ram) etc. The drivers are up to date on the nvidia.
    The thing I can't figure is, it worked fine to begin with, and now nada. All my other GPU and HUD functions work fine (flick panning, fast zoom, HUD color picker, etc) but the lighting filter has pooped the bed. I have added some 3rd party plugins since the last time I used the filter (Topaz, Nik and one OnOne product). In preferences I disabled them and no joy. I have tried different settings in the advanced section of performance and no difference.
    I am hopeful that there is someone else out there who has experienced a similar problem and can offer some ideas - I am sure Adobe will be no help, so I have not even tried to contact them beyond their canned on line help. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Real Name
    James

Re: Help with CS6 and lighting filter

Yes, I am replying to my own post, for the benefit of anyone else who may experience this problem. I finally solved it by doing a Ctrl-Alt-Shift at boot up with Photoshop - brings up a dialogue asking if you want to restore all presets to Adobe default - said yes and there was joy in Mudville! Of course I have to go back and reset all my preferences and get all my third party add on's working, but it's fixed!