Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bighorn Mountains Wyoming

Real Name
    Steve

Bighorn Mountains Wyoming

Yep, these are the Bighorns that Sheriff Walt Longmire sees out the window of his office. And yes, there was a heck of a thunderstorm a few hours later.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Bighorn Mountains Wyoming

I know nothing about using a camera with handcuffs on but you have done a great job. I have read your post more carefully and realised I may have jumped to the wrong conclusions about handcuffs - sorry. Not a bad view and the clouds are wonderful.

Real Name
    Steve

Is that like taking a shot with one hand tied behind your back? Thanks for looking.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Gorgeous clouds! The first scene is so nice overall that it would be well worth the trouble to attend to the haze in the mountains. If you select the mountains and apply the Curves tool, drag the middle of the curve toward the bottom right corner of the graph until you like the effect.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Fantastic three dimensional image. I quite like the interplay of light and shadow on the grasslands in the foreground. Guess that is why I am a prairie boy at heart: too bad about those big stone things blocking the horizon line and wrecking the beautiful cloudscape.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Gorgeous clouds! The first scene is so nice overall that it would be well worth the trouble to attend to the haze in the mountains. If you select the mountains and apply the Curves tool, drag the middle of the curve toward the bottom right corner of the graph until you like the effect.
    Thanks for the feedback. I PP in LR 4.2 and there is an Clarity slider to adjust for haze, etc. I decided not to use too much because I wanted to convey the distance to the mountains and create depth in the image. Perhaps you will like this redo a little better.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Whatever you did seems to have been applied to the entire image, as all aspects are now changed. Try returning to your first image an applying the Curves tool as I suggested just to see if you like it. However, be sure to apply it only to the distant mountains, not the foreground mountains or the sky.

Real Name
    Denise

I worked on the Eaton Ranch one Summer many years ago. Near Sheridan. I never heard a thunderstorm so loud! It was lovely though, in every way! I have photos of up around the Medicine Wheel as well. Maybe I'll post them on my profile sometime denise