Thread: Outdoor Portraits

Real Name
    Krisztina

Outdoor Portraits

There is a story behind this- especially since it was my first session-but I don't have much time to get all the details out right not-My children are of course begging for my attention, which they do deserve but I was eager to share a few photos and get some feedback. Thanks!
    Krisztina

1.Outdoor Portraits

2.Outdoor Portraits

3.Outdoor Portraits

4.Outdoor Portraits
    5.Outdoor Portraits

6.Outdoor Portraits

7.Outdoor Portraits

8.Outdoor Portraits

9. Outdoor Portraits

10.Outdoor Portraits

Re: Outdoor Portraits

Basically, you have caught the action well.

A couple have rather distracting backgrounds so I would consider cropping them slightly closer and the white balance seems a bit 'greenish' on a couple. Nothing serious though.

Real Name
    John

You captured your daughters eyes very well, compostions look good, and handled their movement with good tracking abilities.

You were shooting in a very difficult environment, with you facing the sun and the speckled shadows created by it, so consider fill flash for some or most and you will even out some of the spotty shadows.

Real Name
    Krisztina

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    You captured your daughters eyes very well, compostions look good, and handled their movement with good tracking abilities.

You were shooting in a very difficult environment, with you facing the sun and the speckled shadows created by it, so consider fill flash for some or most and you will even out some of the spotty shadows.
    I actually photographed my friend's daughters- I have a canon 5d- no flash- My husband made the swing- I decorated it with left over floral vines from our wedding. I had a certain look I was going for, but didn't achieve that. The girls were hard to get out of their shells and it ended up being lets go with the flow
    it was a tricky location... but I like it- and I need to focus on more on executing the ideas I had in the first place- and I think it also requires the right client/models...Being my first session- I realized I want to stay away from the Family Portraiture that most see.. I want to do more stylized sessions and create unique pieces of art
    We'll see how it goes, I have a lot of learning and developing to do- but it was a great feeling to still provide images to an old high school friend that usually just goes to the department store for her yearly photos. It was a great learning experience! Some more photos from the "session"

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits
    (I had some tulle left over from my wedding(2008) and I just tucked it in the back of their skirts-voila-tutu

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits
    Last edited by Captured; 29th November 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Captured View Post
    I actually photographed my friend's daughters- I have a canon 5d- no flash- My husband made the swing- I decorated it with left over floral vines from our wedding. I had a certain look I was going for, but didn't achieve that. The girls were hard to get out of their shells and it ended up being lets go with the flow
    it was a tricky location... but I like it- and I need to focus on more on executing the ideas I had in the first place- and I think it also requires the right client/models...Being my first session- I realized I want to stay away from the Family Portraiture that most see.. I want to do more stylized sessions and create unique pieces of art
    We'll see how it goes, I have a lot of learning and developing to do- but it was a great feeling to still provide images to an old high school friend that usually just goes to the department store for her yearly photos. It was a great learning experience! Some more photos from the "session"

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits
    (I had some tulle left over from my wedding(2008) and I just tucked it in the back of their skirts-voila-tutu

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

Outdoor Portraits

They seemed to enjoy having the camera pointed at them, surprised you had trouble getting them out of their shell. A photographer friend suggested using a zoom lens while letting your models go about their day. The premise is that you'll get more natural shots if the subject doesn't notice the camera pointed at them.