Thread: on the way home

Real Name
    Jason

on the way home

Hey guys,

I stopped for a few minutes tonight on my way home from work and took a couple of photos. And I was quite pleased with the results.

on the way home

cc always,

-Jason
    Last edited by Rhoads238; 22nd November 2012 at 04:53 PM.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: on the way home

... and pleased you should be.

Real Name
    Jon

Jason, very nice image. The only thing that bothers me is that column? in the water (middle right). Now that I see it...I always see it. Was there a bridge there??

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nicely done! I would consider getting rid of the column that Jon mentions unless you have documentary reasons for not doing so.

Real Name
    Jason

John and Mike, done.

on the way home

Now that you say it, I notice it more. It was somewhat difficult to clone out because of the very subtle stripes in the water. So the first few tries with clone stamp or auto fill came out as an obvious blemish at 100%. I think I got a satisfactory result after some fiddling.

-Jason
    Last edited by Rhoads238; 22nd November 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Jason

It would be good if you left in what you had originally posted; i.e. with that structure in the water appearing. The folks could appreciate what it is you have done in cloning it out.

You could re-insert the original back in above the version you've just posted.

Real Name
    james

lol no wonder I could not find it! Great shot.

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Jason

It would be good if you left in what you had originally posted; i.e. with that structure in the water appearing. The folks could appreciate what it is you have done in cloning it out.

You could re-insert the original back in above the version you've just posted.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    lol no wonder I could not find it! Great shot.
    You could always play find the space shuttle. There's one in there.

-Jason

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

It's a nice but not perfect cloning job, Jason. I don't think I could do better, but those with more experience could. Even so, you did a nice enough job that very few people would know that you removed anything.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Jason, the coloning job you did is quite acceptable. The important thing is that nobody will notice that anything has been done to your image unless they are being super critical and pixel-peeping. Even then they might not notice!

I doubt that most folks would be able to tell the difference but if you wanted to play, just for the fun of it, you might get something like this:

on the way home

If you take a soft brush around 15-30 pixels and address the object's shadow as well as the object itself you could get a slight improvement. I cloned from the sides toward the middle then used the full size image to align the reflected pattern to match the other reflections and the building lighting.

Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Jason, the coloning job you did is quite acceptable. The important thing is that nobody will notice that anything has been done to your image unless they are being super critical and pixel-peeping. Even then they might not notice!

I doubt that most folks would be able to tell the difference but if you wanted to play, just for the fun of it, you might get something like this:

on the way home

If you take a soft brush around 15-30 pixels and address the object's shadow as well as the object itself you could get a slight improvement. I cloned from the sides toward the middle then used the full size image to align the reflected pattern to match the other reflections and the building lighting.

Hope this helps!
    That looks great. Auto fill just wasn't cutting it this time around. I will have to give this method a try. I think I may get a print made and I don't want any blemishes that I would always stare at. Even though most people wouldn't notice unless they are pixel creeping.

Thanks,

Jason