Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More painting with light

Real Name
    Ole Henriksen

More painting with light

Another light brush painting - of another camera, and btw Paul, this one might just become a family heirloom, but that's allright as it was never a tool of mine. I bought it simply to own a piece of history.

Nice to play with, but boy is my D800 a better camera

More painting with light

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: More painting with light

What a beautiful bit of engineering and your photograph does it justice. Who knows with technology changing so rapidly in ten years you may be displaying the D800 along side it in a glass cabinet.

Real Name
    Ole Henriksen

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    ...in ten years you may be displaying the D800 along side it in a glass cabinet.
    You're right; the D800 won't stand the test of time. In fact probably much less than ten years. And although it IS a better camera it won't become an heirloom, just another bit of redundant technology. The Leica is in a class of its own.

But maybe a few of the pictures made with it will somehow survive and bring a little pleasure to someone in the future. Although they will probably wonder why they can't touch or smell the objects in the picture or grab them and turn them around, or even drop them on the floor

Real Name
    Paul

Photoshop with scent adjustment tools. That's going to cause even more arguments than WB adjustment. I may even opt for a nice smelling jpeg rather than the closer to life RAW.

Real Name
    Ole Henriksen

Would put a stop to pictures like van Gogh's Old Boots

More painting with light
    Vincent van Gogh, 1886: Old Boots

Real Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Photoshop with scent adjustment tools. That's going to cause even more arguments than WB adjustment. I may even opt for a nice smelling jpeg rather than the closer to life RAW.
    The thought of smell eminating from a print made me think of the guy on the forum who takes pictures of cheese. I have cut up a couple of ripe Camemberts this afternoon for our Wine Club meeting this evening. It smells fine close to but even through cling film and a snap seal bag it is still stinking out the house. There are some things which would just be a pong too far.

- Keith

Real Name
    Paul

I am sure van Gogh knew about artistic license. The Dutch are very strong in essence, flavour and aroma synthesis.

My photo collection would be banned from the house unless I deleted 400 or 500 of the smelliest ones.

More painting with light

Real Name
    Marc

Just a beautiful Peace of Art, your old Leica...very cute. Thanks for showing.