Jordan

B&W

B&W

B&W

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Re: B&W

Zdrasti Jordan,

First one is a bit to crowded for me ( and for B%W conversion as well, imho). The second one suffer from two points: horizon line in the middle of picture and station point. The stand alone tree could be better represented over sky instead of "green mountain"
    Also, don't know is mine (eyes or equipment) but look a bit over post processed.

Thanks for posting,
    Leo

Yes, I agree with Leo about these.

Often, a good colour image doesn't transfer well to monochrome because different colours end up with a similar tone and look confused.

With the second photo, your best sky is in the top right corner but the main subject tree has branches which are too close to the left edge and are 'pointing' outside the frame. I think a slightly different angle would have produced excellent results.

Maybe try a very slight crop from the bottom and right side to bring everything 'closer together'?

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

The small details in both images, ground cover in top, leaves in bottom, appear to be overly sharpened, which makes it somewhat distracting. That may be the result of posting here. The images are very contrasty, which is OK if that is your preference. If there were less contrast, you might pick up more information in the water at top and in the pine trees at bottom. Nice images though.