Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Early sun giving vibrant colours

Real Name
    Gary

Early sun giving vibrant colours

The early sun showed off the virbrant colours of the leaves on trees on a local heathland. I used the PP processing to try to show and enphasise this. I hope that comes across in this image. Your thoughts always welcome.

Cheers for now

Gary

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Early sun giving vibrant colours

Gary very nice image, reallly like the lighting. If it is possible I would go back in about a week, as some of the leaves will have dropped allowing those trunks to show through giving something of more interest and also allowing to see farther back into the wooded area. That is what I like to do a lot of the time.

Cheers;

Allan

Real Name
    Gary

Hello Allan, thanks for your reply. Behind all those wonderfully coloured leaves is a small birch woodland which have silver/grey trunks which you can just see peeking through in places. It's not far from where I am so I will be returning there in the future.

Cheers for now

Gary

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

It's almost like a very nice impressionistic painting. This is the kind of scene that often makes it difficult to find a pattern that anchors the image, but you did a very nice job with the greenery on the left.

Real Name
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    It's almost like a very nice impressionistic painting. This is the kind of scene that often makes it difficult to find a pattern that anchors the image, but you did a very nice job with the greenery on the left.
    Thanks for your comments Mike. That impressionistic painting feel is what I was looking for and I deliberately tried to choose it so that its was only leaf colour that was in the composition. But, exactly as you say, it is difficult to find anything that anchors the image. I find my eyes wondering all over it looking for somewhere to stop. I cropped out a tree on the right-hand side maybe that is the anchor it needs? Below is the uncropped version.

Cheers for now

Gary

Last edited by oldgreygary; 11th November 2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: image