Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Made for Walking

Made for Walking

I have not finished these images yet. Try to ignore the ham fisted blending in the second image. I gave up for this evening....way too tired. I will have a bash again tomorrow....if Wire Vixen does not skin me for nicking her wellies. However any general C&C on the general concept is much appreciated.

Steve

No 1 Hanging up your Boots

Made for Walking

No 2 Glamour Retribution

Made for Walking

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Made for Walking

I have not finished these images yet. Try to ignore the ham fisted blending in the second image. ... However any general C&C on the general concept is much appreciated.
    Steve
    See the idea of the second one, but not sure that it's working. Not enough interest in it, I think. However, the first one is brilliant. How do you 'see' that idea? I think it's just wonderful. Such stark, clean lines. Pin sharp. A magnificent shape and texture. I'd have that on the wall.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

I like this kind of "thinking outside of the box"

Personally, I'm wondering if the shots would work better if there were some whitespace between the top of the boots and the frame. The blanding looks fine to me (and I've got my reading glasses on!).

Donald, Colin thankyou for the comments. I agree with the comments on the second image Donald. Looking at this in the cold light of day It does not have impact intended. I still like the idea so I may mess around with it. As for seeing the idea, I am always playing around with images in my head (they dont all involve thigh length leather boots). Executing ideas is difficult because of my lack of photographic experience. One of the things I am experimenting with is pushing limits. The first image is right on the line any further manipulation would have made the image cartoon like. Colin I see what you mean about the white space but the boots are thigh length so I just draped them over a white door.

Steve

Imelda Marcos would love these!

I like #1 very much. Very sharp clear image, and the composition is very good. I think the only way it could be slightly improved is the addition of a third item (the rules of odds), perhaps a whip?

Do I get banned for saying that?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    As for seeing the idea, I am always playing around with images in my head (they dont all involve thigh length leather boots. Executing ideas is difficult because of my lack of photographic experience.
    Well, could I have some of your inexperience please!!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Well, could I have some of your inexperience please!!
    Agreed!

Real Name

OK folks - be honest. How many of us "old timers" thought of the Nancy Sinatra classic "These Boots are made for Walking" song as they read through this thread?

Real Name
    Kori

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    OK folks - be honest. How many of us "old timers" thought of the Nancy Sinatra classic "These Boots are made for Walking" song as they read through this thread?
    At what age are you talking Colin? It's the first thing that popped into my head! Honest!
    I can tell you mostly because of a Karaoke moment some years ago that my husband will never let me forget!!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
    At what age are you talking Colin? It's the first thing that popped into my head! Honest!
    I can tell you mostly because of a Karaoke moment some years ago that my husband will never let me forget!!
    You know Kori - old timers - anyone over the age of about 20 (according to one of my daughters!).

Donald/Dave

I really appreciate the kind comments but I really do get frustrated because exposure and lighting technique do not come off the top of my head. It will come in time I suppose but in the meantime I have to spend far to much time thinking about the technical basics and not enough time concentrating on what I am trying to capture.

Colin, that record seemed to be played on the radiogram every five minutes when I was a kid. (we must have been posh on that council estate.....a radiogram from the co-op on the never never). What a period in time for fashion...knee high boots and mini skirts. I was born a tad too soon. The seventies were a disappointment (who invented the maxi?) but the new romantic fashions of the early Eighties more than made up for all that

Rob, there is no room for a whip in the pockets of her bike leather. ;-)

Steve
    Last edited by Wirefox; 28th September 2009 at 07:03 PM.

Rob, there is no room for a whip in the pockets of her bike leather. ;-)

Steve
    You bad boy. Now you've got me thinking of Marianne Faithfull...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEOwybriej4

Real Name
    Kori

Donald/Dave
    What a period in time for fashion...knee high boots and mini skirts. I was born a tad too soon. The seventies were a disappointment (who invented the maxi?) but the new romantic fashions of the early Eighties more than made up for all that

Steve
    I miss mini skirts.... kids are wearing them but I am no longer allowed! I think my sons would disown me!

Real Name
    Pops

I miss mini skirts.... kids are wearing them but I am no longer allowed! I think my sons would disown me!
    Take it from a REALLY old phart: Moms should shock their kids occassionaly. It is good for them. I raised 4 on my own for a few years and I made a point to shock them once every quarter or so. I don't know if it really did them any good, but it sure was good for me.

Pops

Real Name

I miss mini skirts
    Me too!

Real Name
    Jack

I miss Girls in spandex and big hair . I'm an eighties child.

Quote Originally Posted by jacsul View Post
    I miss Girls in spandex and big hair . I'm an eighties child.
    PM me your home address and I'll send a couple round...

(Yeah, like that last comment was for real.)

Real Name
    Jack

Damm, my bags were packed, I was ready to fly across the pond and meet you and the girls frosties...

Real Name
    Jack

Wait, this post was about the artistic concept of those boots, right?