Real Name
    Sharon

Unlucky for some....

Unlucky for some....

Real Name
    Lara

Re: Unlucky for some....

I like the image...

For me it looks like someone wants to run away, to close the door to bad luck... but can't do it... because somehow he / she is bonded with it ...

Real Name
    Jeff

Love it, well done !

Real Name
    Jason

This is brilliant. A good bit of mystery. I love the use of light and texture you have created. The mood is wonderfully dark. One small change I would be tempted to make is I would clone out the slight sparkle on the beam at the far left.

-Jason

Real Name
    Bobo

A lot of "mystical" work recently - really nice.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thanks folks....I do seem to be in a bit of a 'dark phase' at the moment. It makes a nice change from my flower shots and I can assure you doesn't reflect my mood .

This pic was taken very swiftly...i was lucky even to have my camera in my pocket and the lifts were broken.
    I didn't think it would get much attention but, certainly on flicker it seems to be going down very well so I thought I would see what my favourite panel of experts thought.

Jason...I know what you mean about the shiny paintwork to the left, that was my very first thought too... but having tried it with and without I think that on balance it adds something to the shot.( for me at any rate)

Bobo...I bought some white roses on the way home so there may be flowers in the offing!

Real Name
    Bobo

Cool.....

Real Name
    Jon

Sharon, I like the shiny paint, I think it goes well with the texture of the glass. Oh, I like the image as a whole also, well done.

I am kinda missing your flower images though. (never thought I would say that I missed looking at flowers)

Real Name
    Sharon

Thanks Jon...am especially pleased you like the shiny paint... it seemed to balance the shot for me.

...now..what to do with those white roses..!

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Sharon, interesting photo. I like the angle of the person and how he "breaks up" as you move from his lower limbs to his head. Funny thing though, Lara said the image appears to be moving away from the door and I interpret it to look like the person entering -- even though I think Lara is correct I enjoyed imagining this person entering and me being somewhat frightened by who this person might be.

Karm

karm

Real Name
    Sharon

Another success for our pal the S95 Karm...it's always there when you need it and always performs it's wee heart out.

Physically..the person was moving through the door and away but any interpretation just brings an added twist and even I will look at it again with new light. xxxxxxx

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I like the image but the caption doesn't work for me. Captions aren't nearly as important as images, of course.

I gather from one of your posts that this is not a posed image. When I first saw it, I assumed it was posed. Either way, I'm very impressed.

Real Name
    Sharon

If you clicked through and looked at this on Flicker Mike you would see it doesn't have a title. I just needed a working title to post it up here. I may need to live with it a bit before something suggests itself or it may remain untitled unless of course any of you wish to suggest something!

Thank you for your kind words...as I say the lift was broken and I got my camera out in case of any good angles on the stairs when I looked up and realised we were at floor 13 and that the shadow was good. I held back and waited for the bloke in front to go through the door and took 2 shots. I liked the angle of his hand so much better in this one.