Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Virtual Tour

Real Name
    Andrew

Virtual Tour

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, if not free way to create a 360 degree virtual tour? I've found a few software companies that sell their product, but most seem quite overpriced for what they're actually doing.

Also, found a link on You Tube, for doing it via Picassa, which is free - has anyone tried that?

I thought there was a way to do it in LR, or Photoshop, but I can't for the life of me remember.

Thanks!

Real Name
    Phil Page

Re: Virtual Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew76 View Post
    Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, if not free way to create a 360 degree virtual tour? I've found a few software companies that sell their product, but most seem quite overpriced for what they're actually doing.

Also, found a link on You Tube, for doing it via Picassa, which is free - has anyone tried that?

I thought there was a way to do it in LR, or Photoshop, but I can't for the life of me remember.

Thanks!
    When you say virtual tour, do you mean a 360 pano which links in to other panos - so you can jump from inside one sphere to the next?

If so, try vpix360.com

That was one of the best when I was last doing them 2 years ago. Things change though...

Real Name
    Andrew

That is what I was looking for, kind of - that site does what I want it to do, but it seems you have to host the products on their site - I was hoping to be able to save the project in some kind of format that I could upload to my own site, rather than just supplying a link to an external host.

Maybe I'm just pipe dreaming though - it may not be possible. Thanks for the info Phil.

Real Name
    Phil Page

I used that for demos - my client bought the software to host on their site.

I did a lot of the legwork as you seem to be doing

And came to the same conclusion - you have to pay to host yourself

That was class leading software at the time though - great to set up tours with