Thread: Hoodman Loupe Case Modification

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Hoodman Loupe case modification

There have been some recent discussions of the Hoodman Loupe, so I thought it might be helpful to post my modifications of the case. I made them because two cases fell off my laniard, once while walking in a city and once while hiking in the mountains. In the first situation, I didn't realize it had fallen until too late and I never found it. In the second situation, I was able to retrieve it but the Loupe had separated into pieces. Though Hoodman was very responsive to my issues, I was apparently the first person to have this problem. Even so, it happened with two different cases soon after I began using them!

So, I modified the case so it could be worn on a belt and so it would no longer be at risk. Both my wife and I have been using the modified version for three years with no problem at all. I obtained the brown strap and buckle at a crafts store, though I would have bought a black strap if they had had one. I cut the slits in the case using a typical box cutter. I then applied glue to the slits on the inside to prevent the fabric from unraveling. I'm not sure the glue was necessary.

Hoodman Loupe Case Modification

Last edited by Mike Buckley; 3rd November 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Re: Hoodman Loupe Case Modification

Just in case size matters to you, please be reminded that my wife takes the prize for finding the world's largest Hoodman Loupe while hiking in Petra, Jordan:

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I was apparently the first person to have this problem.
    Hah, if I had a pound for every time I've been told that!

Must be a standard retailer/help line phrase

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hah, if I had a pound for every time I've been told that!
    Yeah, well I do. Unfortunately, it's the kind of pound we Americans use to measure my weight rather than the currency that can be spent.