Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Computer kid

Real Name
    pinaki

Computer kid

This is a candid portrait of my son taken in ambient light with Nikon5100,nikkor 35mm1.8G.As camera was handheld i had to push up ISO to 1600 to get a shutter speed of 1/45 sec.I was surprised to the performance of camera.I deliberately didnot use flash avoid candid feel of the portrait.C&C welcome from CiC members.With thanks. Computer kid

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Computer kid

Nice shot, Pinakibadiya.
    Just to let you know, the ISO related noise (if there is any other kind of noise too ) will show prominently only in underexposed/dark areas. As there is no such area in this image, you don't see much noise.

Real Name
    pinaki

Just to prove my point i am posting a pic which was taken in last winter with Nikon D60.,Sigma 18-200mm at 200mm,ISO 400,f/8,1/320sec.I know that noise will be prominent in darker areas and underexposed areas.But overall performance in low light situations is certainly better for newer models of digital cameras.Computer kid

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Point taken.
    I just noticed that you are from Darjeeling. I have heard its a beautiful place. Unfortunately, have never got the opportunity to visit the place.
    Is it really like how they showed it in the movie 'Burfii.'
    Do you still have those trams running?

Real Name
    pinaki

Darjeeling is a small congested hilltown in West Bengal.It is famous for Tea,Toy Train and its natural beauty.You will not like the town itself you will love the view of Kanchendzonga from here.Toy train(like Shimla) is one of the UNESCO heritage thing.You can go for a joy ride from Darjeeling to Ghoom,highest rail station in India(7400+feet).This is not my hometown but i work here.Come someday and you will enjoy.March to May and Oct-Nov are peak seasons.If you are interested you can see my other posts showing Kanchendzonga and Darjeeling.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Sounds great..
    Will surely plan out something & thanks for the invitation

Real Name
    pinaki

Thanks for viewing and comments.