Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Saving images

Saving images

Hi
    Is it possible to save an image after possessing into two different locals on your hard drive with one click?

Regards Zulu

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Saving images

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Hi
    Is it possible to save an image after possessing into two different locals on your hard drive with one click?

Regards Zulu
    Not that I know how to, but if you have Photoshop CS, you can probably script a command that would do this.

I think people will need to know what image editor software you are using.

Failing that, some kind of mirrored drive might be the hassle free way to achieve it - again, beyond my experience, but I'm sure someone will give more detail.

Hi
    Thanks for the reply and I do use Photoshop CS6 but I wouldn't have a clue how so script a command so if anyone could please help that would be great thanks.

Regards Steve

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Steve,

Wouldn't backup software essentially accomplish the same thing by saving a copy of the image without you having to do anything? You're probably aware that some software can be configured to backup at a particular time each day, such as the middle of the night when you're sleeping. Other software, such as Memeo which shipped with my Seagate external drive, will backup any changed file instantly so long as it detects no use of the keyboard or the mouse; to ensure that your system isn't slowed down, it never backs up while you're using your computer.

Naturally, you would have to use the backup software to access the backup version, and maybe that is the distinction that you want to avoid.