Thread: HDR - Clouds

Real Name
    Meisam

HDR - Clouds

Does it look dark? should it look brighter?
    Help is needed!

HDR - Clouds
    IMG_3055 by Meisam Tj., on Flickr

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: HDR - Clouds

Meisam: looks good to me, if you were to try to darken it you would also be darkening the left lower forground to much. If you try to lighten the sky you would blow out those areas in the sky that are almost to that point. So in all I think that you have done a very good job. There are some third party plugins that you could use to, I will say strengthen the drama in the sky, there maybe some other things that could be done, I believe that it would involve many extra layers and masks which are above my pay grade. Again very nice image.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Meisam

Thank you Allan, I've used Photomatix to make this shot out of 3 shots with 2 stops difference.

here is another only tone mapped in Adobe Camera Raw 7.1

HDR - Clouds
    IMG_3074 by Meisam Tj., on Flickr

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi Meisam,

Agreed with Allan, that first shot is pretty darn good, IMHO. The second one I would say a bit more exposure on the buildings in front to make it a good HDR shot. Love the clouds and sky in the shot.

Real Name
    Meisam

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Hi Meisam,

Agreed with Allan, that first shot is pretty darn good, IMHO. The second one I would say a bit more exposure on the buildings in front to make it a good HDR shot. Love the clouds and sky in the shot.
    Yes I agree with you about foreground, unfortunately I wasn't in a good place but the sky and clouds were awesome!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Meisam is that not the usual, great image wrong place, or right place wrong image, or the last one "you should have seen it yesterday".

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Meisam

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Meisam is that not the usual, great image wrong place, or right place wrong image, or the last one "you should have seen it yesterday".

Cheers:

Allan
    Excuse me Allan, I didn't understand (I am not English, sometimes I don't understand something) can you please explain it!

Thanks

Real Name
    Allan Short

Sorry Meisam,in your post #5, to shorten your statement wrong place, great image, or on an other occasion I was in the "right place, wrong image" such as all set up for a sunrise shot and clouds come along a wipe it out. The final one is what someone tells you "you should have been here yesterday" in other words Meisam it goes not always work out. English is a hard language to understand at times when we forget that for some it is a second language. Well attemp to be more careful in future.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Meisam
    What you have done is to use HDR effectively to shoot an eye catching shot. The use of HDR, in my opinion, unless one is deliberately trying for an 'alien ' effect should not be obvious to the viewer. And I think you have achieved this quite nicely.
    Do you have photoshop? If so, you can easily lighten the buildings in the foreground, should you wish to, without losing the dramatic impact of the threatening clouds. I feel that lightening these would lose much of the photos impact.
    I hope you don't mind but I had a little play with your post to show you what I mean. If you want to know how I did it please send me a pm and I will get back to you. I have to admit that the above comments are purely my personal opinion with which others may strongly disagree.

HDR - Clouds

Real Name
    Meisam

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Meisam
    What you have done is to use HDR effectively to shoot an eye catching shot. The use of HDR, in my opinion, unless one is deliberately trying for an 'alien ' effect should not be obvious to the viewer. And I think you have achieved this quite nicely.
    Do you have photoshop? If so, you can easily lighten the buildings in the foreground, should you wish to, without losing the dramatic impact of the threatening clouds. I feel that lightening these would lose much of the photos impact.
    I hope you don't mind but I had a little play with your post to show you what I mean. If you want to know how I did it please send me a pm and I will get back to you. I have to admit that the above comments are purely my personal opinion with which others may strongly disagree.
    Thanks Ken
    Once I did this I have told brightening the foreground while the background is bright is not reasonable, but I still don't get it why in HDR images I should consider this rule while HDR means every elements can be bright and sharp... Maybe it looks flat but it is HDR!

Real Name
    Meisam

HDR - Clouds
    IMG_2959 by Meisam Tj., on Flickr

Real Name
    Allan Short

That is a hard one, very nice indeed.

Cheers:

Allan