Thread: You rang??

You rang??

This is Lurch. An abandoned dog who turned up on our patio looking like a Halloween skeleton. He is either very unlucky or very very lucky to be alive. The day before we were going to take him to the vet to find out if he has a microchip he walked in front of a speeding car. Despite some gruesome looking injuries he has made a good recovery (though he will need a hip operation).

And yes he is named for the Adams Family character. The likeness in his mannerisms is incredible. I keep expecting him to say "you raannnggg??"

You rang??

You rang??

This was a month ago when he first arrived and just before the car accident. Glad to say he has considerably more meat on his bones now....

You rang??

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: You rang??

Good on you, Dan. It restores faith in human nature knowing that there are people able and willing to just take on the care of other creatures when they most need it.

Real Name
    Kevin

Great story, Dan. Warmed my heart. That dog has the most beautiful eyes, and one would never know he'd overcome a minute of adversity. Dogs are truly master's of living in the moment

Real Name
    Glenn

He looks like he could be a very cheeky chap and good on you for caring for him.

Dan, I love his name:> the first pictures reminds me of Lurch, tall and rather stiff:> His story both saddens and warms my heart... I am so sad that people would let an animal get to this point, and so happy that he was so blessed to show up on your door step..... There is something in this pups eyes... he looks like he is an old soul.... a very wise old soul.... and by that I do not mean an old dog... any thoughts how old he is? I love the first two pictures of him... and look forward to seeing many more as he gets better and fills out.... Give him a good scratch and an extra treat from me.... And thank you for caring for and sharing such a lovely pup with us....
    Last edited by Trina; 28th October 2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typos

Real Name
    glenn

Dan,
    what a great thing you have done.It is great to know that some people really do care, and make a difference in life.
    lurch looked very weak in the last shot, but thanks to a bit of tlc im sure he is gonna be fighting fit.
    Regards Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    Dan, I love his name:> the first pictures reminds me of Lurch, tall and rather stiff:>
    Yep that is exactly what I saw too.

There is something in this pups eyes... he looks like he is an old soul.... a very wise old soul.... and by that I do not mean an old dog... any thoughts how old he is?
    Again, I know exactly what you mean. The vet said he was about two years old, but he seems way more mature than our other two year old. We should be able to get a rough idea when the dog license is transferred into our name (we traced the owners who "gave it away" some time ago, yet didn't bother to process the change of ownership paperwork).

Quote Originally Posted by dan marchant View Post
    "gave it away" some time ago, yet didn't bother to process the change of ownership paperwork).

they should be charged

Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    they should be charged
    Decent dog owners regularly rage about this. You are required to have a microchip/license but there is absolutely no penalty if you give away your dog and don't update the records - making the whole system pointless (just a source of revenue for the government).

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks for being a loving and considerate rescuer... The first image brought a smile to my face the way the dog is looking at the camera...

Real Name
    Remco

Quote Originally Posted by dan marchant View Post
    Decent dog owners regularly rage about this. You are required to have a microchip/license but there is absolutely no penalty if you give away your dog and don't update the records - making the whole system pointless (just a source of revenue for the government).
    A few charges of cruelty/negligence, or a few cases where their legal responsibility is invoked after the dog causes an accident might change that...