Real Name
    Wayne Turner

You have it or you don't

another gentleman from Arnhem Land, C&C appreciated
    You have it or you don't

Real Name
    Mark

Re: You have it or you don't

Hi Wayne, another interesting face and well captured. his nose is very prominent and as its central in the image i personally would have preferred for it to be in focus so a greater DOF for me i think.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Hi Wayne, another interesting face and well captured. his nose is very prominent and as its central in the image i personally would have preferred for it to be in focus so a greater DOF for me i think.
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback, its taken at 100 ISO, F:4 and 1/40. Focal length is 200mm. I could have used a higher ISO but was a bit busy working so this is more of snap than a portrait.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Think Mark covered all the technical bits. I like the fact that you've gone close in. I feel you've really captured teh character of teh man.

How did you set this up? Had you been speaking to him? It seems to me that he is quite comfortable with you being there.

Real Name
    Natalie

This is a good start...but I find the lips and Samsung to be infocus, and I think you needed the eyes in focus......What was your camera set to focus on?

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Think Mark covered all the technical bits. I like the fact that you've gone close in. I feel you've really captured teh character of teh man.

How did you set this up? Had you been speaking to him? It seems to me that he is quite comfortable with you being there.
    Thanks Donald, he is a client who I had only just met. I take photo's for my reports so its not unusual but they dont need to be good photo's. I didnt want to take long or ask him to do anything so I just snapped a few shots of him and his colleague from outside the circle of people with the 200mm. The other shot was posted (B&W Portrait). I do like to get tight shots of such interesting faces. They are a charismatic lot.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    This is a good start...but I find the lips and Samsung to be infocus, and I think you needed the eyes in focus......What was your camera set to focus on?
    Hi Nat, I always set the auto focus to central point and focus on one of the eye's before composing the picture. The eye's are are as sharp as any part of this picture. The problem may be that it is hand held at 200mm and 1/40. As said earlier I could have used a higher ISO setting to get a little more DoF and shutter speed. I don't feel however that the eyes are out of focus having looked at it at actual size. I can clearly see the lines in his eyes.