Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escapee

Real Name
    Trace

Escapee

Took off out of the city early one morning and stopped at the lookout at Hervey's Range to watch the sunrise. Lots of fires around so it was a very smokey/hazy dawn.

Escapee

Escapee

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Escapee

Trace, I really like the first one. A very dreamy relaxing almost pastel in color background yet your scoot is certainly in this world. Nicely done.

Real Name
    Mark

#1 I love this image nice softness to it, is the soft tail yours???

Real Name
    Trace

Thanks Paul! It is my preference too. Thought I should include a landscape too though for those who prefer not to have evidence of modern man

And thanks Mark... yes the scoot is mine. She's a Sporty though, rather than a Softail. Usually only gets to come on afternoon and evening shoots as I don't like waking the neighbours before dawn too often

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nice shots Trace. I like the way you've included the bike in the first - it really works well IMO.

Dave

Real Name
    Mark

HA! Trace, your too much the Harley fan! Harley Davidson dont own the term soft tail. It's a description of a bike that has rear sprung suspension, so although it might not be a Harley soft tail, it is none the less, still a soft tail.... but ill forgive you because of the photo!

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

That is a sweet picture of a Harley and an amazing back drop, well done Tracey.

Real Name
    Sergio

Both great shots, Trace. The first one with the bike in the foreground which symbolizes for me freedom on the open road and a wonderful sunrise overlooking the freedom and beauty of a natural landscape in the background is just spectacular.

Serge

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

For me, the colour and tone in the second one is magnificent. The rock, the grass, the land beyond, the sky - they all just flow one from the other and fit together wonderfully.

Real Name
    Glenn

#1 for me and Please can we have more photos of your lovely Harley.

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    HA! Trace, your too much the Harley fan! Harley Davidson dont own the term soft tail. It's a description of a bike that has rear sprung suspension, so although it might not be a Harley soft tail, it is none the less, still a soft tail.... but ill forgive you because of the photo!
    LOL! I have a Triumph too LOL

Okay, yes, I understand with you are coming from, though the term has pretty much evolved to mean a sprung bike where the springs are hidden from plain sight to make it "look" like a hardtail.
    Glad I'm forgiven though

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    For me, the colour and tone in the second one is magnificent. The rock, the grass, the land beyond, the sky - they all just flow one from the other and fit together wonderfully.
    Thanks Donald, I do also like this photo but in the end was disappointed with my choice of a single 2 stop reverse GND as it gave a distinct line across the tress and blocked up the detail within leaves on those two trees.
    If I could do the shot over I'd use a one stop reverse in conjunction with a soft GND. Or bracket... but I do have to admit I prefer fiddling with my filters in the field rather than layers in my office LOL. In this instance though a bracketed shot without the filter, or with a soft GND may have provided a better end result. But I do remember smiling when I first downloaded the image thinking how lovely the outlook was that morning.
    Thanks for your comments, I very much appreciate them

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by glenng View Post
    #1 for me and Please can we have more photos of your lovely Harley.
    Thanks Glenn... I don't photograph her all that often. This is another I did recently though; again more about the overall scene than just the bike.

Escapee
    Last edited by PhotoByTrace; 26th October 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Real Name
    Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Funny. But by your definition, Mark, I suppose it IS a Harley soft tail but as Trace said, not a Harley Softail.

Real Name
    Terri

Trace, I love the first picture. The colors are beautiful and so is the bike. Makes me want to go ride. I do ride a Harley Softail.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoByTrace View Post
    Thanks Glenn... I don't photograph her all that often. This is another I did recently though; again more about the overall scene than just the bike.

Escapee
    Again Tace, a very nice scene and wonderful lighting and colours. This lace could be photographed from all sorts of angles and compositions and be the subject of many great pictures. Do you have any more of this building? Also I hope your not neglecting the Trumpy or she will be jealous. You know what ladies are like if they are left out. :-)

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Oh my gosh! The first one cries out freedom and wanderlust. My last bike was a Honda Interceptor affectionately known as the "rice rocket". A month or so ago I ran the ‘Tail of the Dragon’. A Hog’s favorite in these parts with 318 curves in 11 miles. Unfortunately, I had my wife with me and most embarrassingly I was driving her Prius! I darn near got laughed out of the state!

Real Name
    Richard

I like the first image almost as much as I hate wildfires. Having evacuated my home twice due to wildfires, they give me the shivvers. Luckily, the fires did not come close enough to harm my house except for the smoke smell and soot!

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    Again Tace, a very nice scene and wonderful lighting and colours. This lace could be photographed from all sorts of angles and compositions and be the subject of many great pictures. Do you have any more of this building? Also I hope your not neglecting the Trumpy or she will be jealous. You know what ladies are like if they are left out. :-)
    Hi Wayne, I'd photographed it from behind before while taking part in a portrait class. It has some disused rail tracks back there as well as traditional rail benches, but at that time I didn't really take in the full granduer of the building... but the night I took this I promised myself I would definitely be back to explore more and experiment. It is a lovely building with lots of potential

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Oh my gosh! The first one cries out freedom and wanderlust. My last bike was a Honda Interceptor affectionately known as the "rice rocket". A month or so ago I ran the ‘Tail of the Dragon’. A Hog’s favorite in these parts with 318 curves in 11 miles. Unfortunately, I had my wife with me and most embarrassingly I was driving her Prius! I darn near got laughed out of the state!
    LOL! I love the Dragon (even more on quiet days)! And I'm sure it was fun even in the Prius LOL! Have to admit my favourite road in that part of the world is the Cherohala skyway though... I really hope to get back to ride through the Smokies and do the Blue Ride Parkway again one day, but this time I'll also be armed with my camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast