Real Name
    Jeff

Pic du Midi & the Montagu

Snowline is down again, comments welcome

Pic du Midi & the Montagu

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Pic du Midi & the Montagu

It is a nice image Jeff, although I don't think it stands up to the standard that I expect to see when you post. Sorry but you have done it to yourself by posting so many fantastically lit images.

I think the problem for me is the trees block a lot of the view and the animals are partialy covered to the point I can't tell if they are cows or dogs. Did you not carry your step ladder?
    Last edited by jeeperman; 26th October 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Real Name
    Mark

sorry Jeff, Paul is right this just wont do!! you get a "must try harder on your report card for this one, the foreground doesn't work for me and the image is to cool colour wise for the image type.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

I agree Jefff, the back drop which I assume is he subject is secondary and hidden from us by the very average foreground. The mountains look like a great scene but the trees hide them.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    sorry Jeff, Paul is right this just wont do!! you get a "must try harder on your report card for this one, the foreground doesn't work for me and the image is to cool colour wise for the image type.
    Thanks for the reply - you've got me puzzled " image is to cool colour wise for the image type" could you explain further ?

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    It is a nice image Jeff, although I don't think it stands up to the standard that I expect to see when you post. Sorry but you have done it to yourself by posting so many fantastically lit images.

I think the problem for me is the trees block a lot of the view and the animals are partialy covered to the point I can't tell if they are cows or dogs. Did you not carry your step ladder?
    " Did you not carry your step ladder?" Nope left it at home ...

Real Name
    Mark

Its just a creative opinion, jeff, the blues coming from the sky wash down over the mountains then the get slightly less on the fields in the mid ground but still definitely bluish. then to me the blue cools down the for ground giving it a yellowish green sort of feel. the light needed to be more orange to warm it up. so to many blues, yellows and greens = needs warmth.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Its just a creative opinion, jeff, the blues coming from the sky wash down over the mountains then the get slightly less on the fields in the mid ground but still definitely bluish. then to me the blue cools down the for ground giving it a yellowish green sort of feel. the light needed to be more orange to warm it up. so to many blues, yellows and greens = needs warmth.
    Ah, so you think it needs warming up ? Thanks, you may be right. From your previous comment " image is to cool colour wise for the image type" I thought that you were suggesting there was a predefined colour temp for landscapes, portraits etc. Thanks for clearing this up.

J