Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fall in NY

Real Name
    Orlando

Fall in NY

Some photo's from last weekends trip Hillsdale, NY and Taconic State Park. Fall is such a beautiful time of the year.

1. Canadian Geese
    Fall in NY

Fall in NY

Fall in NY

Fall in NY

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Fall in NY

Beautiful colors Orlando. I suspect you could make them even a little more dramatic by nudging your black point, and reducing exposure by 1/3 to 1/2 ev (while admitting I like just about everything a touch darker than most folks- my retina may have a slight excess of rods, methinks

Real Name
    Orlando

thanks Kevin.
    in lightroom it's a tad darker. I think the new release of smugmug plugin is lighting it. ilk have to see if there is a new setting.

Real Name
    Bill S

Hands down, my favorite is the last one.

The little sapling, the dappled light coming through from above, the tilted background... it all works for me. I love the uncommon view of fall - you get so many cliche images (I'm not saying that they are bad, I take them myself most years), that it is nice to see something new and fresh.

- Bill

PS: Oh, and I just noticed the spider webs in the last one too... fantastic.

PPS: One thing that might make this a bit better would be some glycerin water. Sprayed across the leaves it would form water droplets that might give just that little boost you're looking for. It might also ruin it... so always take the dry photo first.