Thread: Poppy and his Princesses

Real Name
    Emily

Poppy and his Princesses

Here's a photo of my Father In Law and his gorgeous Grand Daughters, taken at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Melbourne a couple of weeks back. I just love how happy he is sitting amongst them and I especially love how my eldest is giving him a big hug around his neck.

I wish my beautiful little niece's hand was in shot to the left of the photo and it would have been lovely to see her smile without her dummy but that's okay, you can't always win them all when it comes to getting a good shot with a group of babies and toddlers. It's like herding cats

Poppy and his Princesses

Feedback is most welcome, I love reading other people's perspectives and I have already learnt so much just from the comments I have received in previous posts, so thank you to all!

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Poppy and his Princesses

Beautiful shot Emily and one that will be cherished for many generations, youve captured it well. So lesson learned, when photographing children and and animals zoom out and crop later!!!

Real Name
    Trace

Just a little tight in the frame perhaps. Love the way the oldest princess is hanging round Poppy's neck! Maybe get Poppy to take off his glasses next time too though so we can see more of his pleasure and expression too

Real Name
    Debbie

Congratulations, its a great capture. I love the smug little expression on the baby

Debbie

Real Name
    Emily

Thank you to all who replied with feedback, it is greatly appreciated

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

One solution to the 'It's like herding cats' problem is offered here.

This is aimed at GIMP users and does require a reasonable working knowledge of layers and masks. But I'm sure it can be translated for use with other software. And, I'm sure, if you speak nicely to the latest Photoshop product it will do it all automatically whilst you sit back and have a drink.