Thread: Wire and Water

Real Name
    Allan Short

Wire and Water

I was fooling around with an image I took in Iceland is May, that was not very good hoping I could get something of interest, or at least work it up to the best of my ablility as practice. As a whole image it didn't work, however I cropped out a small section and worked it up and this is what I got. What I did learn was to take a second look at what I am shooting to see if there is another smaller image that my be better than the overall image.
    It is a small bundle of wire in a shallow pond, in the orginal image there is heavy mist and a very very flat grey sky.

Cheers:

Allan

Wire and Water

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Wire and Water

can we see the original, im interested to see what youve made the image from. it's interesting and looks like it belongs on a London gallery wall, but way beyond my artistic experience. Would i buy it? No, would i expect to see it for sale in a gallery for silly amounts of money? Probably, yes.

Real Name
    Phil Page

It's a nice abstract, Allan. And not the sort of image you'd expect to come away from Iceland with!

I know you've cropped a lot already, but if possible cropping the dead space on the right of the image and a little on the left might, just might, strengthen the composition.

i.e. so the small stones leading towards the bottom right of the final image in 7x5 format might work

Real Name
    Victor Nimitz

Hi Allan,

seems you invented "digital sumi-e"

Real Name
    Allan Short

This is the orginal image taken, as you can see not much of the orginal image was used, and the cropped image is only 5.25" x 15.7". I am having a canvas gone of it that will be approx. 10" x 30".

Cheers:

Allan

Wire and Water

Real Name
    Miltos

Interesting. Very interesting.
    And very creative too!

Real Name
    Eugen

I like abstract images and I like what you got here.
    Personally I would select the upper part of the wire, duplicate it then flip it vertically and place it on top of the reflection so the wire will be perfectly symmetrical - the kinda dotted line of the reflection doesn't work for me.
    I wouldn't crop anything.