Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fenceline

Real Name
    Debbie

Fenceline

Looking down the fenceline in my backyard. C & C welcome.

Lots of texture. And its sorta busy.

Fenceline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Fenceline

Debbie

I like the idea of this, but I'm left wondering what the primary subject is - Is it the fence or is it the trees? I think they both get equal billing as a result of that dominant line along the top of the hedge being almost on the half-way line. It's as if we have two pictures in one.

I wondered what it would be like if you were to crop it at the top, so that that line along the top of the hedge moved closer to being on the top horizontal 'thirds' line. I know that takes out a lot of the colour from the trees in the background, but it does leave enough for us too still get what the image is about.

Just an idea fro you to consider.

Real Name
    Debbie

Thanks Donald.

I'm trying to make something work with the last bit of color we have in the trees, when the setting sun hits them, its magnificent. But this composition just isn't cutting it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Alternatively, chop down the fence!

Crop to the hedge above the fence and concentrate on the colour of the leaves. Perhaps something around 5 x 4 ratio.

If you want to keep the fence. Reduce it by around one third; and the same from the right side if you wish to retain the same size ratio.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Debbie, a similar cropping thought to Geoff's would be to reduce the fence to 1/3rd and take away about 1/2 of the bright green on the right. You should end up with a reversed "L" composition with the tree just right of center. This look may not work for everyone but the more alternatives you try, the more likely it is that you will see something that you like better than what you have.

Real Name
    Debbie

Another try after getting some good advice in the other tree thread.

Fenceline