Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset At Cronulla

Real Name
    Graham

Sunset At Cronulla

Summer afternoon just as the sunset behind the scene. The beach faces east so no sunset over the ocean shots just nice light.

Sunset At Cronulla

Canon 5D Zeiss 21mm f2.8 lens. f8 1/15th sec ISO 100.

Graham

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sunset At Cronulla

Graham

When I opened this thread the image was positioned in my browser just so that the bottom was just above the line of the beach, so all I saw until I scrolled up was see and sky. And I thought it looked great. When I then scrolled up to see the whole image the beach adn that dune sort of took away from the impact of the sea and the sky.

So, based on that not-very-scientific analysis, I don't know if you feel there might be panorama of just the sea and the sky in this image?

Real Name
    Graham

Hi Donald,

Hmmm, I will have to think about that. What I was trying to do was related to the work of An-My-Lee. That is what the small figures on the beach are about. Maybe I need to stand on the dune itself. I can't do that, where I was set up, but there are another couple of kilometres of beach to explore.

This just happened to be close to the car park, where surfers go to check the waves before deciding where to surf or whether it is worth getting the boards out of the car. Not worth the effort on this day although there are two sitting on the first line of waves.
    I have some others taken at this spot which have a completely different point of view. This was a particular experiment.
    Graham

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I love that you placed the horizon dead center. The sky would work really well for me if you digitally removed the clouds. That would result in an image of two halves, one made primarily of blues and the other with lots of texture and tonality. The yellowish part of the sky goes very well with the colors in the lower half. I think I would like the photo a lot.

Considering the importance to you of the small figures on the beach, I recommend that you upload a larger image so we can get the full impact using the Lightbox.

Real Name
    Graham

Thanks Mike,
    I tried loading a larger version, but the technique I use doesn't accept a larger version. I tried using Flickr but I was doing something wrong. I will investigate further.

I am in two minds about the clouds I like the tension they create.

Graham